X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedos 63 Smilin' Lame Duck Riley's 21
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Soccer tournament to spare you? Or will you have to cut electricity to your house.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Indoor soccer to the rescue!

Comment

• WoooOOOOT!

Comment

• Indoor soccer or Nebraska football?

I think I would re-double my efforts as a professional drinker.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Nah...its fun when your kid is good, and their team is too. Nebraska football requires some serious liquor however.

Comment

• UNL is a slivovitz situation. U12 soccer is merely a good IPA situation.

Reffing MW games, incidentally, is a swallow your gun situation.

Comment

• Soccer must be pretty big there. I remember on time traveling through the area a few years back and there was some huge scholastic soccer tourney. Every hotel near the interstate in Nebraska and south Iowa was booked. Decided to drive through, assumed I would get a hotel once I reached South Dakota (driving through to Grand Forks). With my luck being what it is, there was some huge quarter horse thing in the Dakotas and I slept at a rest area near Sioux Falls. Fun times.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• IDK if its a bigger deal than elsewhere else...I suspect youth sports in general is big business all over. MLS is popular here, due to the success of the local club (Sporting).

We are kind if new to it. My son had no interest, and Momo got into soccer late after a misguided foray into gymnastics. Try sitting through one of those practices...

Comment

• The whole emergence of "travel" sports and the general youth sports boom is, ummm, interesting. There was actually a good conversation on this on one of the thread on the main Lions forum.

I sort of miss just playing little league. But, hey, my 10-year old son is getting 5 lessons with Ohio State's hitting coach in November, will spend 4 hours a week in the winter practicing baseball and then will play 40 games this spring and summer. Woof. Thankfully, he's too short (for now) to try out well for travel basketball.

Comment

• Travel baseball is a big time sink.

Comment

• $$$$$$$$$$$$

I don't think my eldest is ever going to be seriously into team sports. Likes, wants to do, but isn't as intense about it as he is with other things. Awful at soccer. No foot-eye coordination. Can't get his baseball swing right -- he chops downward -- but he's otherwise pretty good at it. We'll see about basketball. I'd love that, if he wants it. He's got height. Would love to coach. The one season I was assistant for soccer was a lot of fun.

Not in a million years are we doing hockey. That's guaranteed sleep deprivation.

Comment

• I foresee a backlash to this bullshit coming in about ten years as the next generation of parents decides it's not worth investing in it, or in being helicopter parents in general.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              Indoor soccer or Nebraska football?

I think I would re-double my efforts as a professional drinker.
                              EFZ
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                UNL is a slivovitz situation. U12 soccer is merely a good IPA situation.

Reffing MW games, incidentally, is a swallow your gun situation.
                                STFU
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X