Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puke Garbage.

It will not enhance OSU's national image.
    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• how does a team lose at home to Missouri by 15 for their 2nd loss and stay anywhere near the top 15? That shows you all you need to know about why the Big Ten needs a divorce from the SEC. The media is simply biased. In 2010, if NU lost at home to Missouri by 15, we would've fell out of the rankings.
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
        Puke Garbage.

It will not enhance OSU's national image.
        There is no one-loss team in the country that will go ahead of a 13-0 Ohio State. Deal with it

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          Assuming the favorities all win next week:

(7-0) Ohio State
          (6-1) Michigan
          (6-1) Michigan State
          (5-1) Nebraska
          (5-2) Wisconsin
          (5-2) Northwestern
          (4-2) Penn State
          (4-3) Iowa
          (4-3) Minnesota
          (3-3) Illinois
          (3-4) Indiana
          (1-6) Purdue
          Please.

You have to understand Michigan in the same terms that most of us here understand it. Can you please explain to me why you see a team that nearly lost to Akron, struggled against UCONN and because of epic fail on the part of the coaching staff in Happy Valley gave that game away is the second best team in the BIG? Wisconsin is.

They are solid and have a terrific head coach although I can't speak for the assistants. That you rank MSU 3rd is equally curious. I get it they have Narduzzi but they get enough personal foul calls with his style that they repeatedly shoot that good D in the foot. As well, they don't run the ball well enough to suit my tastes. I think you have Neb about right. Definitely improved on D and they a have a solid, dependable QB now.

The rest I don't care about the order because I don't think any oft hem are going to be competitive going forward, including Michigan.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

There is no one-loss team in the country that will go ahead of a 13-0 Ohio State. Deal with it
            DSL, here's the only top 4 you need be concerned with:

1.) SHUT
            2.) THE
            3.) FUCK
            4.) UP
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
              DSL, here's the only top 4 you need be concerned with:

1.) SHUT
              2.) THE
              3.) FUCK
              4.) UP
              I like #3's chances
              Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• There is no one-loss team in the country that will go ahead of a 13-0 Ohio State.
                If the name of that team is The Alabama Crimson Tide, they will.

For instance, if Oregon and OlieO both go undefeated, and you have Alabama sitting as SEC Champion at 12-1, there is NO WAY that the human voters are going to allow Alabama to sit on the outside looking in. Its been done before, and it will be done again.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Also... Drew sharp hates the big with the way he votes
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                    If the name of that team is The Alabama Crimson Tide, they will.

For instance, if Oregon and OlieO both go undefeated, and you have Alabama sitting as SEC Champion at 12-1, there is NO WAY that the human voters are going to allow Alabama to sit on the outside looking in. Its been done before, and it will be done again.
                    That is correct, as long as the loss is not in the SEC championship game. Same with Oregon too.
                    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Wrong

Comment

Wrong
                        Man, you are ignorant about Michigan and equally ignorant about how the selection, under the current BCS formula, works in favor of the SEC.

Who will televise ALL the BCS games. Surprise you dumb ass. ESPN.

And you think they are going to let a 12-1 Alabama team (or any SEC team for that matter in the top 4) left out in place of Ohio state?

You are a poodle.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I don't see point in pretending we've all got crystal balls. Every year there's different factors and rationales. This year, however, 12-1 Alabama would probably deserve it, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                            I don't see point in pretending we've all got crystal balls. Every year there's different factors and rationales. This year, however, 12-1 Alabama would probably deserve it, though.
                            Please. The SEC is going to get the lion's share of BCS spots. You don't need a crystal ball to understand that. Disney will measure butts in front of TV sets.

When they do the numbers, despite what the osu nation believes, that program is a regional draw.

OTH, the SEC teams command a much larger fan base, one that stretches from the southern tip of Florida west into Texas and north into Kentucky. The demographics don't lie.

Comment

• I'd bet money on it right now.

If OlieO is sitting as B1G Champion at 13-0, and Alabama is sitting at 12-1 as SEC Champion, ... and you have an undefeated Oregon as PAC 12 Champ, .. there is no way that OlieO gets past either of them as a MNC participant.

Now, if Alabama LOSES the SEC Championship game to another 1-loss SEC team, then an undefeated B1G champ OlieO probably squeeks in against an undefeated PAC 12 Championship team. (most likely Oregon) But even in that scenario, I'll bet once again that a lot of "southern" voters will vote for Alabama.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                                Please. The SEC is going to get the lion's share of BCS spots. You don't need a crystal ball to understand that. Disney will measure butts in front of TV sets.

When they do the numbers, despite what the osu nation believes, that program is a regional draw.

OTH, the SEC teams command a much larger fan base, one that stretches from the southern tip of Florida west into Texas and north into Kentucky. The demographics don't lie.
                                Sure. I more or less agree. I'm just saying that this year, all the factors that should matter probably justify it as well all the ones that shouldn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X