No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great explanations of the TRO situation, Jeff. Especially the part about the B1G violating its own rules in order to slap Harbaugh with penalties before an investigation can take place. In fact, I read that the B1G has to NOTIFY Michigan that an investigation is being started, which has NOT happened yet. So, the lace-panty-wearing coaches who want Harbaugh served up on a platter will have to do it by their own book.

Maybe this does end up bad for Harbaugh. Worst case scenario would be that Harbaugh told Stalions to begin the spying program, and to do it by any means necessary. Knowing what he was doing all the time. In which case, I'd expect Harbaugh and Michigan to be slapped with some very serious NCAA and B1G penalties. And, they'd likely deserve it.

But nobody has proven that Harbaugh told Stalions to vioilate the rules. Nobody has proven that Harbaugh KNEW Stalions was violating the rules. And Stalions himself has indicated that he acted on his own in gathering information.

And I also hope that the way Stalions was caught by 'investigators' is looked at as well. Because, if the U-M computer system was hacked in order to "out" Stalions, whomever was responsible may have committed a felony. That computer system is a State of Michigan system. State property. That takes this to a whole 'nother level.

Now, if the 'investigators' simply gathered information via FOIA rules, then fine. Stalions deserves to pay the penalty, whatever that may be.

---

And that scoreboard message from New Mexico ... its hilarious. They're safe, because Michigan will never play them, (which I'm sure they're aware of) and Michigan already has beaten UNLV. But, yes. Funny stuff. Not a tad of anger here.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• ...a blatant cheater says...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• STFU until you can beat MSU...

what's wrong with you guys anyway?
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• If Jim is involved with this and guilty, then I have no problem with nailing him to the highest cross and be done with him. I'm just at a loss to believe Harbaugh would do this so brazenly and foolishly. Surely he would know the consequences.

I believed he knew of Stallion but never associated with him personally. He always had a go-between. He also knew what he did but only used his info sparingly. Maybe as accompaniment with his other strategies.

I'm sorry, but I don't see Harbaugh as a cheater. This has taken a whole world of its own since the first news break of the scandal. His haters which are many, love to brand him as such. Like the only reason UM's success is because of a low staffer's high motivation of prep work.

I like to take a pragmatic approach to this. Why, would he do this. Just to get an advantage over opponents and how much. To risk so much over so little of an advantage. So much is unanswered so far and will not jump to conclusions until all the facts come in.

Haters will keep hating until then of course..

Comment

• A control freak like Harbaugh has some staffer by his side with a laminated card of every play of the other team but never seems to question no he can have such detailed info. Sounds legit

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
              STFU until you can beat MSU...

what's wrong with you guys anyway?
              Ummm...we suck?
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Well, I think we've established that sign stealing is wide spread across most sports where, in the overall picture of trying to get a legal edge, it's done.

I also think that top coaches know that sign stealing isn't going to confer great benefit. Film study and knowing player weaknesses, basic analytics, confers the greatest potential advantage in game planning and then adjusting play calling in-game. When it comes to analytics and film study, I think this coaching staff is really good at it.

Also, you've got player buy-in which results in "warriors" on the field comitted to wining the game and the one on one postion battles. Success breads success. That's why M is 9-0. They aren't that because of sign stealing. All the conference crybabies that have been trucked by M are looking for excuses.

Conflating the presence of Stalions on the sidelines as proof Harbaugh knew anything about how Stalion was operating is just stupid. There's a guy. The guy looks organized. He seems to have a grasp of what an opponent is going to do on a play by play basis. Fine. It doesn't equate to cheating.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Justification of the crime. Classic.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I think it's established that M took sign stealing to an extreme level...and you don't know how great the benefit was. Minimize it all you want. You cheated. You went great lengths to do it. You got caught. End of story.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Right. So what’s the punishment? Are we going to let established bylaws dictate that course of action or let the outrage mob make it up as they go along?

Comment

• What puzzles me is...M doesn't need to steal signs...they have a great team/program already...this is like a billionaire robbing a convenience store...why? They don't need it...well...maybe they did against TCU heh...but criminy...this just smacks of the arrogance and prickery that is SPYBAUGH!!!!!!!
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Death Penalty.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• ...and let each of the other 13 B1G coaches kick SPYBAUGH!!!!!!! in his vagina.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• M:

"We did nothing wrong...and everyone is doing it"
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I would love to see M sue. Tgeyll likely put HARBAUGH*** in line to be deposed. And if it’s a TRO — which it will be — they’ll do it quickly. Or they can’t dispute the B10’s factual predicate — they’ll have concede that.

There is zero fucking way M want that dirty fucking cheater under a real oath. Zero.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X