Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
    The article saying that the 2105 email created some bad feelings.. the team interpreted it as an attack on all of them.. Fast forward and their bias is the 10 guys are not getting due process. Hence their protest.

I'm not suggesting their right or wrong, or agreement, only the author believes they are not standing up for rape, but rather a concern about the EOAA.
    I think you are right about the author's intent. Regardless, even a whiff of sexual misconduct in the university setting is going to garner suspicion. Do I think that is wrong, unfair and feminist driven? It might be and there are past cases where that has been the case (Duke).

OTH, I'm a believer in the need to protect young women attending university and if it takes feminism to drive university administration to protect them, all the better for it.

I also think Hoss isn't too far off base with his concerns for his cousin being involved in male dominated athletics where a "perverted sexual culture in modern athletics" is certainly present. If it wasn't present, and there is no doubt it is, I'd be less inclined to support a more aggressive, feminist driven stance in protecting this particular group of college women from predatory sexual conduct. I think erring on the side of protecting women in this particular circumstance is more than warranted.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jeff.. completely agree on protecting women. There has been a long sad history of victims being bullied and not supported by the universities. I linked the article because the author was giving background and some thoughts on why the protest occurred beyond the easy blogger response of football players support rapists. (on a different topic, I think the US media does a poor job of trying to explain the why instead of just the who and what..)

And I don't think hoss is too far off either. We've often talked about our daughters too.
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I don't dispute that the players felt targeted; I just don't care because these acts are reprehensible and stupid under any level of scrutiny.

More to the point, I don't think the players cared if they were being scrutinized either...or they wouldn't be doing crap like this. After the U came down on them they cared. Too late.

Entitled athletes being entitled athletes. Boys who want to be respected like men, who have probably gotten away with this kind of shit since junior high.

Comment

• Thanks Entropy for posting the report. After reading it can anyone really question the depravity of the conduct of those involved? And Jeff, you are absolutley right on your comment about local law enforcement passing it back to the University. That happens all the time. As Talent points out, may times it involves the burden of proof. Reasonable doubt vs, preponderance of the evidence which Talent correctly states is 50.5 %. Compare Minn.'s response to that of Baylor's response for similar conduct.

Comment

• Minnesota players end boycott. We are family! Uh...... never mind. One has to wonder about the coach who backed his player's boycott on this issue.

Comment

• Somebody within the U's administration is really savvy. Makes the accuser's statement and the letter of notification to the accused public and easily accessible. He does this within the legal boundaries of privacy laws.

Another good job by the Gopher's and Stan, yes, the coach. talent's a smart guy even though he jumped on the questions of due process and unfair targeting of football players by the EOAA, I'll give him a mulligan on that. I felt the same way early on.

Lesson learned. Wait until you have all the facts.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• coach is in a tough position.. if he doesn't support his players, good luck recruiting. Administration has to help in those situations.
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• War Gopherz!

Comment

• Big Ten West dominant. At least until UNL takes the field.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• STFU
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Interested to see how IU plays tonight with Kevin Wilson and the great Zander Diamont.

Maybe they will play more conservative on offense and protect the ball for a change.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• OSU and M are about to reenact 2006 in the postseason, and the B10 East is about to reenact that shitbird bowl season the SEC West had two seasons ago when they were crowned.

Comment

• The OSU-Clemson line is plummeting this morning. From 3-3' own to 1' and falling.

Clemson's DL will present all sorts of problems for OSU. Clemson has enough WR depth to actually get down to OSU's weak link secondary defender (Arnette or Webb). Hopefully OSU's DL can take advantage of Clemson's softish OL. All season I've said OSU is flawed. I just don't think they have enough to beat Clemson. Not enough gamebreakers; not solid enough on the OL. They're remarkably gritty, so they'll grind the game the best they can. But, at the end of the day, I think it'll look a lot like FSU-M.

Clemson 31-24 in a game that they control the whole way.

Comment

• We played OSU even, in Columbus! We got vastly outplayed by FSU at the Orange despite the close score. IOW, just how good are the Buckeyes? Don't think this is one of their best teams but they have a lot of young talent coming up. So do we but about 2 years later.

Comment

• *sigh* Another shit year for the B1G in the bowl games, for the most part, assuming that tomorrow's games go like I think they will. The Penn State fans will get about 45 hours of smack talk about how they should have been in the playoff instead of OSU that will end promptly when they get assraped by USC.

Comment

Working...
                                X