No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depends on a lot of things, Ohio needs to dominate the B10 if they want to remain above any undefeated SEC, ACC, Pac 12 teams.

Comment

• If OlieO is counting on their schedule to help them, they're screwed.

Michigan will have a MINIMUM of 3 losses entering the game, and probably 4 losses. A "huge" victory over a 4-5 loss Michigan won't get them squat, ..
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Ohio State will not go ahead of an undefeated Oregon, Alabama or FSU/Clemson winner. That is not a question. Period.

A 1-loss team will not go ahead of Ohio State. That is not a question. Period.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• shaddup
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Ohio State will not go ahead of an undefeated Oregon, Alabama or FSU/Clemson winner. That is not a question. Period.

A 1-loss team will not go ahead of Ohio State. That is not a question. Period.
            I'd like to understand your calculation on that. We've seen some strange shit out of the final BCS standings in the last couple of years and, as well, some flaky BCS slot assignments.

With the amount of money at stake and the foibles in the BCS ranking system that can be exploited, I'd be more inclined to give weight to those two things in determining a MNC pairing than any rational calculation.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• For some reason that I can't discern, the coaches keep M in the top 25 with Wisky sitting at 26.

It's been this way for decades. M gets more undeserved recognition because of the aura built over many decades. Haven't recently checked but I strongly recall a multi-year analysis of where M ended up at season's end as compared to pre-season projections and almost always they finished lower than the projection. It's still going on today.

Comment

• Buchanan:

Ohio State will be ranked ahead of any 1-loss team in the human polls. The only way Alabama or Oregon go ahead of them is on computers. They will have to make up a lot ground, too, b/c computers are only 1/3.

As for the 1-loss thing -- look, LSU isn't even close to Ohio State right now. In BOTH the Harris and Coaches, Louisville is ranked ahead of EVERY 1-loss team, albeit it's very close.

In the history of the BCS, no undefeated team from a "BCS" conference has been passed over for a 1-loss team. The closest example is West Virginia in 1993 in the first year of the bowl coalition. Louisville may suffer the same fate, but at this stage the AAC isn't a "BCS" conference (and the Big East wasn't perceived as such in 1993).

In 2007, the team everyone thought was "best" was going to get left out for the likes of Ohio State, Missouri and West Virginia. If RichGOD hadn't laid a giant egg against Pitt, West Virginia and OSU at 1-loss would have gone ahead of LSU at 2-losses.

You're suggesting something entirely UNPRECEDENTED will happen. In fact, the BCS title game has been very rationale. Best records amongst BCS Conference schools; SEC wins any ties (except once); others are sorted out as needed (2001, 2003).

Comment

• Makes sense.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• you assume that ESPN and drew sharp will allow a NC game without an SEC team in it..
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Don't overlook the "25-0 Urban Meyer vs. SEC" meme if you want to bring ESPN into it. Not to mention ohio state sort if has, you know, a huge fucking following that puts asses in seats and eyeballs on TV screens. If they go 13-0 I think they'd get in OVER a 13-0 ACC team. To suggest they'd get jumped by a 1-loss team is just stupid homerism because that's what some here wish to happen.

Comment

• ESPN doesn't control who is in the NC game. It is mostly voter perception, with a little bit of computers thrown in for good measure.

Comment

• I think Clemson will go ahead of OSU. If they're undefeated they will have wins over Georgia, FSU and @ South Carolina. I have no problem with that.

Of course, there's gads of football to be played. We've had 1 year in the past two decades where 3+ major teams were undefeated. OSU just needs to win out and let things sort themselves out.

Coach Hoke and his home winning streak are all that stands in the way, IMO.

Comment

• ESPN controls the message. I don't think it's a stretch to suggest they at least have influence over the system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              ESPN doesn't control who is in the NC game. It is mostly voter perception, with a little bit of computers thrown in for good measure.
                              and who controls perception..
                              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• And the perception will not be that ohio state is 13-0. It will be that they are 25-0 and didn't get their shot last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X