No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If your school could only sell one jersey number, which one would it be?
    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Probably #1 for us.

Comment

• That seems to be the one that is the most noticeable
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Back to that expansion speculation....

I really have no idea where it will all end up in the end, other than to be firmly convinced that expansion is not over, and that it will include at least a school or two that will leave us scratching our heads in disbelief. And though I somewhat understand the supposed plus factors that grabbing Rutgers and Maryland bring, I still think we could have done much better, especially as far as the Terps are concerned. I would have preferred that we had stopped at 12 teams, but what do I know?

ACC locked down? Maybe, but I'm sure the lawyers for Delaney will be closely watching the legal stuff going on with Maryland and their exit from the ACC. The ACC may think that they have the rest of their teams locked down, but keep in mind, $$$ can make a lot of things happen and the B1G has lots of it.

Comment

• Maryland was a uppercut to the ACC. They along with Rutgers took most the northeast away from the ACC.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
              LOL. Not that I'm arguing. That very well could be. I'm no fan of Texas in any way save for its ability to produce Willie Nelson, and that might have been a one-time thing.
              No love for Stevie Ray Vaughn, Buddy Holly, Janice Joplin, Alejandro Escovedo, etc.?

Comment

• Michigan put the #1 jersey on the map for WR's. That's the iconic jersey to me. 21, 2 & 16 are behind that.

Tom Harmon's should be up there but Moe's didn't sell that one, AFAICR.

Comment

• Definitely #1 for UM, was hoping to get conversation from other schools going.
                  Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Bah. Janis of San Francisco. Escovedo is fine. Whatever.

Comment

• University of Michigan Football All-Americans by Jersey Number

(Through 2012 Season; first team selections only)

No. Name

1 Paul Goebel, Anthony Carter, Derrick Alexander, David Terrell, Braylon Edwards
                      2 Jack Blott, Charles Woodson
                      3 Tripp Welborne, Marlin Jackson
                      4 Jim Harbaugh, Marquise Walker
                      6 Harry Kipke, Dave Brown
                      7 Rick Leach
                      11 Francis Wistert, Albert Wistert, Alvin Wistert
                      13 Garland Rivers
                      15 Frank Culver
                      16 Denard Robinson
                      17 Ted Petoskey, Larry Foote
                      18 Chalmers Elliott
                      19 Robert Brown, Remy Hamilton
                      21 Desmond Howard
                      22 Ty Law
                      23 Chris Perry
                      24 Jack Clancy, Butch Woolfolk
                      25 Tom Edwards, Tom Curtis, Ernest Shazor
                      27 Benny Friedman, Charles Bernard
                      28 Robert Timberlake
                      29 Leon Hall
                      30 Harry Hawkins, Brad Cochran
                      32 Edliff Slaughter
                      33 Mike Taylor
                      35 Thom Darden, Don Dufek
                      36 Ralph Heikkinen
                      37 Jim Smith, Erick Anderson, Jarrett Irons
                      39 Henry Hill
                      40 Ron Johnson, Ron Simpkins
                      41 Randy Logan, Rob Lytle
                      42 Billy Taylor
                      43 James Pace
                      45 William Daley, Pete Elliott
                      46 Harry Newman
                      47 Bennie Oosterbaan
                      49 Robert Chappuis, Richard Volk
                      50 Otto Pommerening, David Molk
                      52 Rod Payne
                      56 LaMarr Woodley
                      57 Maynard Morrison
                      58 Rob Renes
                      59 George Lilja
                      60 Mark Donahue, Mark Messner
                      63 Julius Franks
                      65 Reggie McKenzie, Kurt Becker
                      66 Mike Hammerstein
                      67 Mervin Pregulman, John Vitale
                      68 Joe Cocozzo
                      69 Tom Dixon, Matt Elliott, Jon Runyan
                      70 Marty Huff
                      71 Dave Gallagher
                      72 Allen Wahl, Dan Dierdorf, Walt Downing, Ed Muransky, John Elliott
                      73 Bill Dufek
                      75 William Yearby, William Paris, Greg Skrepenak, David Baas
                      76 Stefan Humphries, Steve Hutchinson
                      77 Arthur Walker, Paul Seymour, Jon Jansen, Jake Long, Taylor Lewan
                      78 Dean Dingman
                      80 Jerame Tuman
                      81 Glen Steele
                      83 Bennie Joppru
                      85 Lowell Perry
                      86 Robert Westfall, John Anderson
                      87 Edward Frutig, Ronald Kramer
                      88 Elmer Madar, Jim Mandich
                      89 Richard Rifenburg
                      94 Jason Horn
                      95 Curtis Greer
                      96 Calvin O'Neal, William Carr
                      97 Chris Hutchinson
                      98 Tom Harmon
                      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Retired USC numbers
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Retired Ohio State Football Numbers

Posted on August 31, 2011 by house141
                          Here are all the retired Ohio State football jersey numbers and the dates in which they were retired. Ohio State has since announced there will not be any additional numbers retired. Hence the reason #10 has not been retired for the only Heisman Trophy winner not to have his number retired, Troy Smith.
                          #45 Archie Griffin (10/30/99)
                          #31 Vic Janowicz (9/23/00)
                          #40 Howard “Hopalong” Cassady (11/18/00)
                          #22 Leslie “Les” Horvath (10/6/01)
                          #27 Eddie George (11/10/01)
                          #47 “Chic” Harley (10/30/04)
                          WH Woody Hayes (9/10/05)
                          #99 Bill Willis (11/03/07)

Comment

• Probably #7 for us....Scott Frost and Eric Crouch. After that, maybe 21....Roger Craig and Mike Brown. Frazier put 15 in the running.

Comment

• 17 Players in Nebraska Cornhusker Football History Have Had Their Jerseys Retired

By Kevin Gaines | Yahoo! Contributor Network ? Sat, Aug 4, 2012 3:57 PM EDT

In the storied history of the Nebraska Cornhuskers football program, they have retired 17 jerseys of former players. These 17 players combined for 23 All-America awards and 6 of them are in the College Football Hall of Fame. The first jersey was retired following the 1949 season when the "N" club voted to retire jersey #60 to honor the career of Tom "Train Wreck" Novak. Novak was a 1949 All-American as well as a four time All-Conference selection. Most recently was the retirement of #93 of Ndamukong Suh. Suh could very well be one of the most decorated players in Husker history. Suh won the Outland, Lombardi, Bednarik and Nagurski awards following his senior season. Here is a list, including the ones I mentioned previously, of all retired jerseys in the history of the Nebraska Cornhuskers.

1949 - #60 Tom Novak, center - 4 time all conference player
                              1972 - #20 Johnny Rodgers, wingback - 1972 Heisman Trophy, Walter Camp Award, & a member of the College Football Hall of Fame.
                              1972 - #79 Rich Glover, middle guard (defense) - Outland, Lombardi & a member of the College Football Hall of Fame
                              1982 - #50 Dave Rimington, center - 2 time Lombardi Award winner, Outland Award & a member of the College Football Hall of Fame
                              1983 - #30 Mike Rozier, running back - 1983 Heisman Trophy, Maxwell, Walter Camp & a member of the College Football Hall of Fame
                              1983 - #71 Dean Steinkuhler, guard - Outland & Lombardi winner
                              1994 - #75 Larry Jacobson, defensive tackle - Outland winner
                              1994 - #75 Will Shields, guard - Outland winner
                              1994 - #34 Trev Alberts, linebacker - Butkus winner
                              1995 - #74 Zach Wiegert, offensive tackle - Outland winner
                              1996 - #15 Tommie Frazier, quarterback - Johnny Unitas Award
                              1998 - #67 Aaron Taylor, guard/center - Outland winner
                              1998 - #98 Grant Wistrom, defensive end - Lombardi winner and a member of the College Football Hall of Fame
                              2002 - #54 Dominic Raiola, center - Rimington winner
                              2002 - #7 Eric Crouch, quarterback - 2001 Heisman Trophy, Walter Camp winner
                              2004 - #64 Bob Brown, guard - College and Pro Football Hall of Fame Member
                              2010 - #93 Ndamukong Suh, defensive tackle - Outland, Lombardi, Bednarik and Nagurski winner

Comment

• Johnny Rogers is the only one that strikes me as having any national buzz

If I had to name an all-time great Nebraska football player, he is first one that comes to mind.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X