No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was all about protecting the brand.

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Uhhhhh ohhhhhh. Michigan's on their bulletin board!!

Comment

• Reaching.

Comment

• Anything to fuel their obsession.

Comment

• Yep.

Problem is, its true.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• My only problem with it is that, whether Brandon had any say or not prior to the release of 2 consecutive schedules with U of M playing in EL, he never seemed to publicly protest such scheduling. You better believe that neither Don Canham nor Bo would have ever allowed such shitty scheduling to occur without a public explosion on their parts over it.

Comment

• I don't mind it. Complain and it sounds like you're already building an excuse in there. Anytime, anywhere attitude. If we take these next 2 in EL, momentum in the rivalry is totally gone on their end and with the way we've been recruiting we'll begin the process of crushing their spirits.

Comment

• Oh, don't get me wrong---Canham as AD and Bo, first as coach and later as AD, knew that rivalry was important and wouldn't give an inch. The mid 50's thru the 60's were still within sight of their rearview mirrors (state dominated the series during that period) and no way would either of them forgotten that.

As for the present and the future? The worm has already turned, spartie can celebrate all they want their DickRod-induced 4-win streak because, as long as we win those 2 in EL, it's not likely state gets more than a win or 2 in the next decade. The recruiting advantage that is continuing to build will bury those sad-sacks.

Comment

• All this means is Devin Gardner gets a chance to become the first Wolverine QB to win back-to-back games in Spartan Stadium.

I think the chances are good. This year's game will be a defensive struggle, but 2014 is when Michigan's recruiting advantage starts kicking in.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                        I don't mind it. Complain and it sounds like you're already building an excuse in there. Anytime, anywhere attitude. If we take these next 2 in EL, momentum in the rivalry is totally gone on their end and with the way we've been recruiting we'll begin the process of crushing their spirits.
                        EXACTLY. Which is how Hoke seemed to approach it. That Sparty thinks this is bulletin-board material is so pathetic.

Comment

• Sparty better spend time learning to stay on-side and staying off opponents' face masks, before they worry about something Brady or Dave Brandon said.

Comment

• Only bad thing is now they have Sucks and State at home and on road in same year rather than alternating years the way it's been. I think that's how it plays out.

Comment

• I doubt many of the State boys can read.
                              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by DennisT View Post
                                Only bad thing is now they have Sucks and State at home and on road in same year rather than alternating years the way it's been. I think that's how it plays out.
                                I believe that's true. The "new" scheduling will have us playing both either at home or away in the same year. Bo and Canham would have never agreed to that.

Comment

Working...
                                X