Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ``Sorry but my fingers were crossed behind my back.''

Comment

• Here's some odd but interesting news (at least to me)...the guy who runs the Maryland 247 site is saying that the B1G is close to locking up Johns Hopkins, yes Johns Hopkins, as a member for lacrosse only.

For those who don't follow lacrosse (prob most of you) that's actually a big deal if it happens. It would allow the B1G to create it's own lacrosse league, like hockey, and Johns Hopkins is a powerhouse. If Virginia later comes on board we would have an excellent league with a ton of potential to be predominant in the sport.

This guy broke the news about Maryland joining so I think he has some legitimacy.

Comment

• Also if this furthers ties between Johns Hopkins and the CIC, that could be extremely beneficial. Johns Hopkins is the biggest spender of research dollars in the nation.

Comment

• Ah yes, the totally crucial CIC...

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
            Ah yes, the totally crucial CIC...
            Yes, yes, I know...it would not hurt to have SOME sort of ties to JHU though

Comment

• That'll totally come in handy when its time to coerce Comcast & friends. Nobody wants to have to grapple with a negotiator who can access the School of International Affairs. Nightmare scenario.

Comment

• CIC is important, not as important as Whitley wanted to make it out to be but it's more important than Hack, Hannibal and others think. It's no coincidence the B10 is only seriously considering AAU members in expansion. academics are research spending aren't driving expansion but they are something considered with each candidate.

Comment

• Hard to imagine where we would be without the savings created by the Binder Clips Procurement Committee.

Comment

• if the BIG does that with JH... why wouldn't they turn around and allow ND to join everything but the CIC?
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                      if the BIG does that with JH... why wouldn't they turn around and allow ND to join everything but the CIC?
                      Simple reason is that B1G membership REQUIRES CIC membership (and AAU as well remember if Nebraska did not have it at the time of their application they would not be in the B1G today).

Lacrosse though is pretty popular on the East Coast and mid Atlantic regions right? THat means more live game air time for the BTN as well. Nothing major in and of itself BUT another piece to make a move to the B1G easier for teams like UVA down the road.
                      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• lacrosse is a great sport. Played in an intramural league in college. It is one sport I keep telling UNL they should start. I know their is interest in adding sports, as they added women's beach volleyball recently...

Comment

• as they added women's beach volleyball recently...

I didn't know that Nebraska had beaches.

Comment

• geo... and we have indoor plumbing...

Comment

• Yep. Got it last week. It's great!
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Nebraska has women?
                                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

Working...
                                X