The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ........ It's only a matter of time.

I have a rule in my medical practice. You come to my clinic for pain relief, I'll help you out under a strict set of rules for narcotic pain relievers. Reliable patients who are not abusing the drugs or diverting them for sale follow the rules.

"It's only a matter of time" for the abusers and diverters to show they're asses. In most cases, just a month or so. The systems available today to track narcotic use are really good. It does not take long to identify the abusers. They get discharged from our practice as soon as a rule is broken.

In the same way, given the ease by which misdeeds can be revealed by attentive folks who have a reason to reveal those misdeed these days, the people involved in these payola schemes, are going to get outed. I cannot imagine that the HS athletes who succumb to these kinds of incentives and their handlers are smart enough to avoid detection.

It's just a matter of time. Sits back, grabs box of popcorn and stops worrying about it and any advantages the SEC might accrue.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Well, the SEC didn't win in the case of Derrick Green. Tenn and Auburn will have to find someone else.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• If Derrick Green wanted to get paid, he'd have been considering Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss, LSU, Florida and South Carolina.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          Well, the SEC didn't win in the case of Derrick Green. Tenn and Auburn will have to find someone else.
          From what I have read about the kid's character and his family, they are first rate. Pretty sure his Mom was pushing for an opportunity for an M degree.

If I could get in these kid's ears and get them to understand how much mileage, advantage and open doors will come their way over the course of their lives because of an M degree, athletes that both want to play football and understand only a handful will make it to the NFL, would be lined up to sign.

The sad truth is that there are too many who are in their ears telling them another story of fancy cars, big houses and all the women they want when they make it to the big time. Hard for those who have spent their short lives economically disadvantaged and undereducated, with the only path out of that life dreams of NFL riches, to listen to the story they really need to hear and heed.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• He was first rate when his first choice told him they weren't interested.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Well his first choice will rue the day that they turned this young man aside. That will be compounded when he walks away from Ann Arbor with his Michigan degree in his hand.

Comment

• Doubtful.

Comment

• Highly probable.

Comment

• Extraordinarily likely.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Well, let me rethink this ... considering who is making the comment. I keep forgetting that there are 2 rules about OlieO recruiting:

1. OlieO never loses out on any player that they REALLY WANT. They sign every player that the REALLY WANT, and ALLOW the others to go elsewhere. That covers all sports. They may make offers to others, but they never miss out on anyone that they truly want.

2. If a player that OlieO is recruiting goes elsewhere, see above.

... now I got it straight ...

Comment

• Talent will not be pleased with your condescending yet refreshingly cogent post...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Those are actually M rules of recruiting. Hoke "cooled" on Treadwell. Remember? LOL.

Comment

• BTW, I can see I struck a nerve with Liney. LOL. The painful truth.

Comment

• Green would definitely not have been a good fit at ohio.
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• They already have their big backs -- both of whom the really like -- Warren Ball and Brionte Dunn. Ball redshirted. So, they went for a speed back this year.

However, it's pretty clear Ohio State used a big back a ton this year, and to very good effect. As you may or may not recall, he did run for 146 against the vaunted Mattison.

Comment

Working...
                                X