No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOISE, Idaho -- Boise State's offense wasn't getting the job done, so the defense got in the act.

Senior nose tackle Mike Atkinson intercepted a pass early in the third quarter and returned it 36 yards for the game's first touchdown, and the defense also snuffed a two-point conversion late in the game to propel the 24th-ranked Broncos to a 7-6 win over BYU on Thursday night.
    Mike Atkinson hails from Windsor. My youngst son played against and with him during minor football, high school football and Essex Ravens summer football. Great to watch him on the field.

Comment

• The BYU head coach should have his head examined. He had the chance to get them in to overtime, and instead went for the 2 point conversion. Boise hadn't scored an offensive TD all night, and Boise's head coach had no confidence in his FG kicker. BYU's chances in OT looked pretty good.
      Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• Didn't realize that was Atkinson! Very cool

Comment

• K State 24, Oklahoma 19 (F)

Comment

• Gentlemen,

Today a sorry group of louts that fancied themselves gentlemen were dealt a harsh but necessary comeuppance. Yes. It is as you think. The Men of Cornell were victorious. The righteousness of the cause played no small part in a delightful 45 to 6 rout of the reprehensible Yale Bull-dogs. I witnessed many a bowler thrown down to terra firma as the Big Red raced to one touch-down upon another. A mustachioed gentleman near me, reeking of garlic and cheap gin, cried out "d--- and dash it all!" when it became most apparent that the Eli cause was hopeless. We cat-called him for his vulgarity 'till he left the grandstands in disgrace, an utter ruin of a man. His team, the pikers on the field, were a sorry spectacle of desperation, ready to try any cheap trick in the book. Forward pass indeed. Our lads were having none of it. We chased them all the way down the hill to their Pullman carriage and saw them off to New Haven, a solemn warning to next year's class of dough-faced dullards and brutes.

Comment

• Who gives a fuck

Comment

• +1

Comment

• Posterity cares

Comment

• Oregon squeaked past Rich Rod last night, 49-0

Comment

• Typical. How many turnovers did the Wildcat's have?
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Five

Comment

• But again. Rich Rod is at a school where losing isn't as big a deal as it was at Michigan. He can absorb 4-5 losses a year there, and keep his job for a long time.
                          Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• I like Rodrigez but all his teams/players it seems have problems with turnovers. not sure it's an attention to detail sort of thing or not but it's a pattern.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Issue was just the opposite at WV, turnover differential there was very positive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Oregon squeaked past Rich Rod last night, 49-0
                                Yeah, but wait until he gets his guys!
                                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X