No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those were my heavy partying days :-) Still, they may have had that streak, but they never were a powerhouse like so many SC teams.

Comment

• Rich Rod 23
      OK State 14

Only the second quarter

Comment

• fear the return of Rich Rod ....
        Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• I was about to post about that.

Comment

• Arizona leading Oklahoma State 45-31 with about 7 minutes left in the game.

I guess these are the kind of results Rich Rod can produce when he's not left a mess and he receives institutional and fan support.

Comment

• Some of what you say is true, Strangelove.

Arizona really wanted him. He didn't have a bunch of former players and alumni longing for the olden days nipping at his heels. They just want a football coach who can win a few more games every year. They'll be tickled with 7-8 wins per year.

And, he inherited a QB with knowledge of the spread.

Having Jeff Casteel with him helps too. He understands the 3-3-5 and can coach it. None of the guys Rodriguez had as DC at Michigan knew how to run it.
              Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• Arizona 59 - #13 OSU 38 Final

Should RichRod after beating #13 be ranked next week ?

Should Michigan drop out? (I know this won't happen just asking)

Comment

• Stumbled across a pretty cool College Football Database site last night. Thought you guys might like it.
                  Major-college win/loss records and winning percentage database. Users can view all-time records for all current I-A teams, and sort teams by winning percentage over arbitrary spans of time.

I also used it to show the major teams with the best records over the last 10,20,30,40 and 50 years

win percentage last 10 years (majors only)
                  http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/...=on&by=Win+Pct

win percentage last 30 years (majors only)

win percentage last 40 years (majors only)

win percentage last 50 years (majors only)
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Rodriguez was probably left some decent talent to work with. He'll change that eventually.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I guess these are the kind of results Rich Rod can produce when he's not left a mess and he receives institutional and fan support.

Heh. That very well could be. The failure of his tenure here definitely was, albeit to a lesser extent, because of institutional interference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        Only era where UCLA was an annual power was the 1950's. And I believe it later turned out they had been cheating.
                        Like osu during the Tressel era.
                        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Arkansas takes big fall out of AP poll

Updated: September 9, 2012, 12:19 PM ET
                          Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Arkansas has taken the second-largest fall out of the AP college football poll, dropping from eighth to unranked after losing to Louisiana-Monroe.
                          AP Poll

The top five teams in The Associated Press Top 25 (OU, FSU tied for fifth):

Bama
                          USC
                          LSU
                          Ore.
                          OU
                          FSU

The Razorbacks were upset 34-31 in overtime after losing quarterback Tyler Wilson to an injury. The only team to take a more drastic fall from the poll was Michigan in 2007. The Wolverines opened the season at No. 5 and dropped out after a Week 1 loss to Appalachian State.
                          Alabama remains No. 1. Southern California is No. 2, followed by LSU and Oregon. Florida State moved into a tie for fifth with Oklahoma. Georgia is No. 7.
                          Arkansas was one of four teams to drop out after losses, along with Nebraska, Wisconsin and Oklahoma State.
                          Moving in were UCLA, Tennessee, Arizona and BYU.
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Six Notre Dame opponents in the top 25...

Comment

• M at #17, osu at 12, MSU at 10. ND at 20. Wisky takes a surprising plunge out of the AP rankings. Neb also out. Not a good weekend for the B1G ..... Give DSL credit. The general concensus of sport's writers then is that the Big Ten is not a strong conference based on this weekend's games.

Still only the second week. But perceptions are hard to change
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Clashmore Mike View Post
                                Six Notre Dame opponents in the top 25...
                                Good ..... And I hope you have to suffer through losses to all of them. I love watching Kelly's face turn beet red and the spittle fly.

BTW, what do you think of the Gholson Reece competition, or was ther ever one? I thought Reese looked solid in the wining drive.

....... And for those of you that think Hope and Purdue aren't pretty good, the ND game is for you.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X