No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idaho is going independant in football and Big Sky in all other sports. NMSU is the lone school up in the air.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I'm just mildly surprised the MWC didn't pick up those schools, Idaho's value probably has plummeted to very little with Boise's success.

Comment

• 2012 CF review in MS paint
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Probably been hashed and re-hashed by now, but good chew and a view not too different from non-southern states.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
            They just love the Aggies over there. And the pic of Stoops was an all-timer. :D

Comment

• RE: the WAC

The Mountain West already picked clean every team they wanted. Nevada, Fresno, Hawaii, San Jose State, Utah State...not to mention Boise State defected just a couple years ago and is now leaving for the newly revised Big East.

LA Tech, UT-San Antonio, and Texas State already have found homes. Just leaves New Mexico State and Idaho as orphans. Frankly, Idaho is not a 1-A program.

Comment

• Pitts... The pyramid had me actually LOL

Comment

• Cormac McCarthy previews the 2012 Big XII season...

Hello. My name is Cormac McCarthy. I'm a writer of some renown. I'm also a football fan. I now live in the American southwest in the high chaparral hills of the desert. Because of this, or...

Comment

• One of my all-time favorite writers.

Pretty sure someone is funnin' on him, though. I don't think he would parody his own style for the sake of a football column. Perhaps that's why it says it's written by "I Am an Cyentist". Who knows, though. Maybe I'm wrong! Entertaining either way.

Comment

• Love McCarthy!

Sean:

My son tonight: "I know Tim Peters won the truck series race in the Toyota 17. Will you DVR the end of the Nationwide race so I can see who wins? I hope it's not Joey Logano."

Poor kid.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• poor kid

Comment

• Originally posted by JRB View Post
                          Cormac McCarthy previews the 2012 Big XII season...

http://www.widerightnattylite.com/20...ws-the-big-xii
                          Very entertaining stuff!

Is this "Cormac" guy a regular writer on that site?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Love McCarthy!

Sean:

My son tonight: "I know Tim Peters won the truck series race in the Toyota 17. Will you DVR the end of the Nationwide race so I can see who wins? I hope it's not Joey Logano."

Poor kid.
                            Invariable segue to Hog Callin'...it's not too late.
                            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Truth & Rumors > NCAAF

08:47 AM ET 08.25 | University of Texas president Bill Powers and athletic director DeLoss Dodds were supposed to report to their board of regents this week on the status of the Longhorn Network. Instead they reversed fields and decided to skip it. Powers told reporters in Austin the timing wasn't right to publicly discuss the ESPN-owned network because of on-going negotiations that have the potential to elevate LHN from a rumor to a bona fide option in more than six million wired homes across the state of Texas. Let's assume then there isn't much coming down the pipeline anytime in the next couple of weeks. That means cable carrying heavyweight providers like Time Warner and Comcast and Charter will continue to ignore LHN. Ditto satellite's DirecTV and Dish Network. AT&T U-verse is on the board of dissenters as well. In other words, the overwhelming majority of cable subscribers in the state won???t get the network whose two marquee events of the year are scheduled for the next two Saturday nights. The Texas-Wyoming football season opener and the Texas-New Mexico follow-up belong to LHN. On a personal note, Dodds reported he cannot get LHN at his Austin area home. As for the upcoming Wyoming and New Mexico games, Dodds said they likely would not have made the cut when big-time network partners ABC, ESPN and Fox Sports Net divvied up the schedule. Most likely, he said, under existing contracts they would have been pay-per-view affairs.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                                On a personal note, Dodds reported he cannot get LHN at his Austin area home.
                                Ooooooh....that is simply Goddamn priceless.

Comment

Working...
                                X