The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to The Tebow.

Once Jesus graduated Urban was exposed as a mediocre to slightly above average coach. Great recruiter...was never short on talent...but I can name many coaches I'd rather have on the sideline than St. Urban...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Once Jesus graduated Urban was exposed as a mediocre to slightly above average coach
      LMAO -- you mean the one year when he went 8-5? LOL. Also, I seem to vaguely recall a BCS title he won with Chris Leak, though it's mostly blacked out -- just bits and pieces.

Anyway, his success is very well-documented. 17-6 with BG (from 7-15 the two previous years); 22-2 with Utah (from 13-10 the two previous seasons) and the 2 BCS titles at Florida. That's 2 more titles, of any kind, than Coaches Hoke and Pelini have as HC -- combined.

Meanwhile, in addition to zero titles of any sort, Pelini has established a nice little 4-loss groove.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Pelini isn't a great recruiter nor a great head coach. I never said that. Dumbass. I would take Urban over Pelini because of his recruiting ability.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• UFM won with other people's recruits -- BG from 2-9 to 8-3; Utah from 5-6 to 10-2; Florida from 7-5 to 9-3. And the 2nd year, again, mostly with other people's players, was even better 9-3; 12-0; 13-1.

He must have been really lucky to walk into 3 different situations chalk full of good talent. Or maybe he can coach a little...LOL.....he won with other coaches' kids; he won with his. He just wins.

But, yeah, sure -- he's mediocre. I'm sure there are 40 other CFB coaches who are better at coaching. That's some shameful shit. Not even M fans are able to divorce themselves from reality and facts THAT much. The general tact is that it's not the same ass-kicking UFM or that he'll only be around for a few years. Never heard the "he's a mediocre" coach bit....even from this crew.

Comment

• Okie dokie. We will see.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I'm not sure Turdbin's nuts will survive talent riding them so hard.
              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I think we'll see if he's the same coach he was; if he can still be uber-successful without being psychotically and unhealthily obsessed with winning. I think he'll get some help in that area with what I think is a very good staff. But, we'll see. It's can be a crushing profession.

The very best only survive because they are not human (The Nick) or obliviously plucky (The Hat). Heh.

Comment

• Fake Dan Beebe: "You call it a failed drug test. I call it a I-AA letter of intent."
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    If 2 BCS titles is any indication, UFM can probably coach a little, too.

Anywho, Honey Badger is out at LSU. I can't imagine how many drug tests he had to fail before Lester kicked him to the curb. Though, TBH, a college kid smoking a bit isn't exactly something I care about.
                    It supposedly wasn't even Les's decision. He was kicked out of LSU entirely.

Comment

• That's the way I understood it. It wasn't even up to Miles. He was tossed by the school.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Good for El Ess Ewe.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Have to hand it to LSU.

What it shows us is that there are some schools who actually do place abiding by a code of conduct above being a football player.

I believe however that The douchbag Mark Emmert, now President of the NCAA, was LSU's Chancellor and said from that position that football defined LSU, or something like that when he criticized PSU for letting football priorities drive the ethical culture at PSU.

I guess it depends on what direction the wind is blowing with these academicians.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Talent I think expecting Meyer to bail in 5-7 years isn't a flailing criticism. He's never stayed for longer! That said, I think most schools would take 5-7 years of Urban Meyer and be happy with that, with the caveat that they have a sufficient level of moral deficiency. Were it not for this being Michigan fergodssakes, I would too.

Comment

• Meyer is from Ohio, I think it's possible it maybe his last stop.

Comment

• I think so too. But I don't see it happening for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X