The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
    I did not come in here with an agenda to disturb the natives and rile things up...
    Well as soon as I'm done carving this birch into a canoe I'm gonna scalp you anyways.

Comment

• LOL, yes Hack, you really put a charge into that "The only ones who care about the Bowls are the organizers" position.

By the way, how did I get to be one of your proclaimed "outsiders", even though I am a M fan and have posted here far longer than you...is it really that black and white for you?
      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I didn't say you showed up yesterday. You yourself a few weeks ago said you were trying to bring that beyond-the-Big Ten perspective because you felt it was missing.

Comment

• On average, Big Ten schools made $9.6M in profit compared to $7.7M for the SEC.

Those are numbers that mean something.
          Now who's massaging numbers? Without any explanation of what the money that wasn't declared profit was spent on, they are meaningless. I haven't seen anything about your numbers to dispute the SEC spend being greater than the B1G spend.
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I suspect the SEC spends more, and the B1G make a bigger profit.
            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• That would be my conclusion as well.
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• While the B10 fields a LOT more sports than the SEC.

Comment

• While the B10 fields a LOT more sports than the SEC.
                  Actually it looks like the B1G fields 1 more women's sport than the SEC (13 v. 12) and the same for the men (12). No mention of number of athletes

Comprehensive coverage of SEC football, basketball, baseball and more, including live games, scores, schedules, standings and news

The official athletics website for Big Ten Conference

Comment

• The SEC has been dominant for two reasons... First, the had lower admission standards. They have raised them recently, but they recruited kids the rest of us couldn't. Secondly, every four years the SEC had an additional recruiting class. That means a coach can cover recruiting mistakes.
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Anyone know what explains our +1, PSU's +1 and MSU's +4?

Comment

• Players in the NFL gives a small edge to the SEC.

The Big Ten's 234-player contingent ranks second among all conferences behind only the SEC (268.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                          The SEC has been dominant for two reasons... First, the had lower admission standards. They have raised them recently, but they recruited kids the rest of us couldn't. Secondly, every four years the SEC had an additional recruiting class. That means a coach can cover recruiting mistakes.
                          I think you are missing the fact that more, higher quality recruits come from SEC states than from the Rust belt. Kids tend to attend college in their region.
                          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• No, I'm not. Why hasn't the ACC schools in the same areas having this type of success?

Your agreement should indicate regionalism, not a focus on a particular conference.

States like PA are producing less talent, yes. But that is not the main reasons why the SEC has one so many in a row.
                            Last edited by entropy; May 22, 2012, 04:10 PM.
                            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• BTW, upthread when I talked about Texas football, I wasn't addressing the Longhorn fans. I meant to point out that football in general, including HS, is approached with greater fervor.

Comment

• Is it because the ACC is more of a basketball conference than football?

Comment

Working...
                                X