No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just spitballing here. Any chance at all the B1G could peel Kentucky away from the SEC? Their football program might do better in the B1G and the BB would be a huge plus for our conf. It might not make economic sense though.
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• LOL. Yes. Of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
        Just spitballing here. Any chance at all the B1G could peel Kentucky away from the SEC? Their football program might do better in the B1G and the BB would be a huge plus for our conf. It might not make economic sense though.

Kentucky has a different set of ethics.. I'm not sure they'd work
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I'm hoping the BIG wins on the idea of only conference champions playing in the playoff.

Comment

• What if two Big10 teams are ranked in the top 4, lets say one undefeated and ranked #1 and the other's only loss to that team (maybe in a close game, say overtime)

We'd want both Big10 teams in the playoff, right? They'd be two of the best teams in the country...
            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• yes, then I'd want it.

but until then, fuck the SEC

Comment

• but in all seriousness, I really do believe if you don't want to minimize the regular season, you need to focus this on top 4 conference champions.

Comment

• Kentucky likes being in the So Everyone Cheats Conference...I don't see that happening.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Kentucky has a different set of ethics.. I'm not sure they'd work
                    Compared to OSU?
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Its most certainly is NOT a zero sum game, Hannibal... Rutgers playing in the Big East vs Big East teams gets little ratings...

Rutgers when the play PSU, Ohio, M, Nebraska brings in tons of ratings, not just an increase from the team they are playing, but Rutgers fans want to watch the Scarlet Knights play the Buckeyes, Wolverines, Cornhuskers & Nittany Lions...

TV Ratings work the same way, M vs Indiana doesn't draw in the casual fan but put M vs ND and the game is suddenly a national event with everyone watching; even people without interest in either team...

-

No, right now I don't have any interest in the B10 adding Rutgers, Maryland, VT... B10 imo will only expand unless it involves ND or as I said above, the ACC implodes (FSU, Clemson leaves for SEC/Big XII).
                      Last edited by WM Wolverine; May 16, 2012, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• I had no hopes for 'home' games in the postseason, all along I've felt the bowl sites would be hosts to the 1st round of any playoffs. NT game is different, it could potentially be bid out to the highest bidder and some place like Ford Field, Lucas Oil Field could host those if they want to pay the price...

re: Kentucky - Academics are a major issue, they are a non starter for the B10.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                          I know we nebraska fans don't have the emotional tie to the Rose some of you do.. but the BIG lost a huge opportunity here. There are enough competitive disadvantages. When a potential advantage presents itself, you have to take it, not give it away.
                          I am a big believer in Jim Delaney's strategic vision and forthought, but...he flat-out blew this one, and his legacy is going to suffer for it. Not only did he give away the one opportunity Northern teams are likely to get for the next century at leveling the playing field in a meaninglful way against their Southern counterparts, but he's helping to make it more difficult for them. Now, instead of having to win one playoff game against a southern team in the south, North teams will have to win two. Every time one of our teams loses one of those games, people are going to point the finger at Jim. Right or wrong.

What a goatfuck.

Comment

• Who else wanted home games on campus? Anyone but the B10? This wasn't something he was going to win.

Comment

• It was a total loser to go forward. You wouldn't get the buy-in to get a solid majority unless you went with the bowl sites.

Comment

• Well that's just a guess, but when BS gets repeated frequently enough people tend to believe it's the truth. The SEC understands this very well.

Comment

Working...
                                X