No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP....maybe....because now some media outlets are reporting that a Paterno Family spokesman is denying JoePa is dead, although it has been confirmed that he's in "grave condition"

Comment

• He's gone now

Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Breaking News---this time it's official, directly from the Paterno Family---JoePa has passed away.

R I P Joe

Comment

• RIP Joe...I would guess the stress of the past few months accelerated his decline. Reminds me of how quickly Bear Bryant died after he retired.

Comment

• agreed DSL
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• R.I.P.
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Now ESPN is blasting this on all their channels. It's not like the pope died.

RIP Paterno

in the end we're all terminal cases

Comment

• He deserved to end his career in a better light than he did.

I wish he would have retired a few years ago, so he could have had some quality time with his family, instead of sitting in a booth, listening to a headset. But, that's apparently what he wanted to do.

Overall, a fine football coach, and a fine man.
                  Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• matt millen got it right for once: he's on ESPN right now, just said "Joe Paterno died of a broken heart---and that bothers me".

Without going over the events of the last few months (and for that matter, of the last 12 or so years), I still believe his removal from the PSU HC position was and is justified. OTOH, I still feel that JoePa, for whatever reason, felt he had done the right thing at the time in how he handled things, retrospect eventually showing him otherwise.

Again, Rest In Peace, JoePa!

Comment

• Millen is right. It bothers me as well that he went out with a broken heart. Another coaching legend gone. RIP JoPa.

Comment

• While Paterno may have been culpable for not making sure that what went on got dealt with, the fact that he was never given any due process or even ability to tell his side of what happened before he was fired isn't right.

The end result would probably still have been him being fired, but he deserved more than a knee-jerk reaction, CYA, "let's try to satisfy the public mob" firing IMO.

Comment

• While Paterno may have been culpable for not making sure that what went on got dealt with, the fact that he was never given any due process or even ability to tell his side of what happened before he was fired isn't right.
                          He didn't get fired without talking to Penn St. He remained unyielding and wanting to go on his own terms. I would have liked to have believed he was just caught up in something he didn't understand but to remain silent knowing what he knew was inexcusable.

He had a great deal of success but in the end (no pun intended) did not show the character that had been his signature asset.

Comment

• I think it is appropriate to honor Joe Pa for his family and for the good things he has done. That said, after that period passes, his role as an enabler should be front and center.
                            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Paterno's passing is unfortunate but frankly all of us will die one day.

Most of this stuff is already over the top, I can't help but think of all the young boys whose lives were destroyed while JoPa failed to do enough to protect them, that's his failed legacy IMO....wining football games matters not.

?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                                "If the SEC says that UAT-LSU can't have a rematch for the f'n conference title, then why in god's green earth should we have to eat one? "

My sentiments exactly!
                                Holy Shit! Hell just froze over.

Comment

Working...
                                X