No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I dunno why the Pac wanted Utah over them. I guess Utah has better facilities.

They should have taken BYU and Boise and gone to 14. If 14 can really work. But I doubt anyone in the PAC wants to play Boise.

I wonder how they will do next year without Moore. I think at this point they have enough publicity that they should be able to recruit pretty well.

Comment

• Why are they called boise state? What state is this?

Comment

• Idaho
        Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• I think it just means they are a public state-sponsored university.

Comment

• Did Threet transfer to arizona or arizona state?

Comment

• ASU. He already graduated.

Comment

• I believe he stopped playing at AZ State because of concussions. Is that right?

Comment

• Boise State is like Central Michigan but really good at football. That is why they won't get invited to the Pac 12 for a long time.

Comment

• Is Utah really all that much better? I honestly know zero about either school.

Comment

• Yes, academically Utah and Boise are miles apart; Utah is a really good school. Boise is where they belong in the Big East, which in this round of expansion again lost its top 3 programs; Pittsburgh, West Virginia & Syracuse (historically)...

Syracuse has a lot to offer in basketball which helped their value to the ACC, plus it helps the ACC get televised in the northeast both in football and basketball.

Comment

• Academics aside, say what you want about Boise's "weak" schedule over the last few years, but what Kellen Moore did in his career is incredible.
                        50 wins (NCAA record); the 3 losses by a total of 5 points; 5-0 vs. BCS teams.

I for one am glad we didn't draw them in the Suuuugar.
                        Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• What type of numbers would Denard put up if he played a MWC/WAC schedule?

Playing MWC defenses helps a ton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                            Academics aside, say what you want about Boise's "weak" schedule over the last few years, but what Kellen Moore did in his career is incredible.
                            50 wins (NCAA record); the 3 losses by a total of 5 points; 5-0 vs. BCS teams.

I for one am glad we didn't draw them in the Suuuugar.
                            You can ask Boise State fans about that and they will not have kind words for Michigan over it. Rumors were flying that Michigan and Delaney pushed the Sugar to take Virginia Tech instead. Did not want to play Boise.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                              What type of numbers would Denard put up if he played a MWC/WAC schedule?

Playing MWC defenses helps a ton.
                              Yes. Wow!

Comment

• Rumors were flying that Michigan and Delaney pushed the Sugar to take Virginia Tech instead. Did not want to play Boise.
                                I wouldn't doubt it if that turned out to be true. Michigan was in a position to have influence over whom they would play, and figured they matched up better with VA Tech than Boise.

Boise gets "up" for two games a year. One where they actually play a major BCS team in their pre-season, and secondly, in their bowl game.

I'd trade schedules with Boise in a heartbeat. Especially next year. Let them play that meat-grinder we are facing.
                                Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

Working...
                                X