No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornell has always conducted itself with unparelleled honor and sportsmanship.

Comment

• You can't say the game would have gone the same way, because Syracuse MIGHT have played differently on defense if they had been only up by 2. They knew that only a TD could beat them. If they had known that a FG would win too, the game might have gone differently.

It is an unfortunate mistake, but it has to be corrected immediately, or never.

Comment

• I still say that Toledo scored enough points to win the game in regulation.

I know the NCAA never fixes anything like that, but as far as I'm concerned, Toledo, its fans, and its team have every right to claim a victory in that game.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Interim Big 12 Commissioner Chuck Neinas and Texas Athletic Director DeLoss Dodds will be among the current college administrators serving as advisers in a new venture by a sports consulting firm designed to provide one-stop shopping for athletic programs looking for guidance.

More...

Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Yahoo! Sports is reporting former Tennessee assistant Willie Mack Garza paid for a top recruit and his mother to fly to Knoxville for an unofficial recruiting trip during Lane Kiffin's tenure at the school.

More...

shocking...
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• If that's true Kiffen should be sanctioned by the NCAA in his new job. It happened on his watch at Tennessee.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• What? Lane Kiffin is a cheater? No way!!!

Comment

• The arrogance of the SEC summed up in one chart:

Comment

• No shit. Gotta like Idaho's response, too.

Comment

• The Mountain West and Conference USA are considering staging a title game between the two conferences in an attempt to gain a BCS AQ. Mountain West is trying to get their own AQ but joining forces with C-USA is their fallback.

What I find striking is that ESPN has actual authority - not just influence - over the whole process. From the article:

Access to a BCS game still would depend on approval by ESPN, the six power conferences in college football and the BCS bowls (the Rose, Sugar, Orange and Fiesta).
                      ?It?s not ever appropriate to speculate about hypothetical situations,? BCS Executive Director Bill Hancock said. ?But any proposal to revise the (BCS) contracts would need to be approved unanimously by the conferences, the bowls and ESPN.?

Sad commentary on the state of bigtime CFB. Could you imagine any other sport having the terms of crowning a champion be partly determined by the media company that airs the games? WTF? I'd like to see Fox try to tell the NFL how to run it's postseason or MLB that the World Series will now be a best of 9 series. Did I say WTF already?

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/sep/28/bcs-holds-sway-over-mountain-west-merger/

Comment

• I think a likely compromise one guaranteed AQ spot for all the non BCS leagues...

Big East needs to lose BCS status, especially if they lose any more programs to other conferences.

Comment

• Rich to memphis? I can see this. He's going to have to work his way back up the ladder and this might be a good place to start. Way, way better off getting his feet back in the pool than sitting at a sports desk as an irrelevant talking head. I would really like to see him succeed.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• His former LB coach (Jay Hopson) destroyed the Memphis defense. They are second to last in I-A, giving up 536 yards per game. So RichRod will fit in perfectly.

Comment

• Things at Ole Miss getting ugly, fanbase in a meltdown

Comment

• Tennessee's new AD says the SEC will expand again

Tennessee athletic director Dave Hart says the Southeastern Conference will expand again and officials at each school need to have a number of frank discussions before moving forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X