No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baylor is screwed. No other major conference is going to want them. I don't think the Big 12 really ever wanted them either.

Comment

• Every bit of the Big 12's problems are traceable right back to Austin Texas, home of the University of Texas.

If that problem had not existed, the Big 12 would probably still be intact.
      Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• For those that weren't able to tune in and see what D.C. Comics had drawn up for Maryland:

I'm actually surprised these are legal under NCAA guidelines. How much black is the designated "light" team allowed to wear??
        Last edited by Jamie H; September 6, 2011, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• Ugh
          Attached Files
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie H View Post
            Baylor is screwed. No other major conference is going to want them. I don't think the Big 12 really ever wanted them either.
            Nope. Ann Richards forced them into the deal. in lieu of Houston IIRC.

Comment

• KU fans here in KC think they will go to the PAC12 or the BIG.
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I heard a rumor that the BIG is interested in Maryland.
                Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Even if that were true, after the clown suits they wore last night, the BIG is probably rethinking things.

Comment

• I think that the ship may have sailed on the clown suits. They might sell some extra jerseys, but as far as getting all of the attention that Oregon has benefitted from, I don't think that it's going to happen anymore. Back when Oregon starting makng themselves look ridiculous, there was something unique to it. And I can see how the "fuck you" to the conventional would have some appeal. But now everyone has been desensitized. It's kind of like motion controls in video gaming. Everyone was excited about the Wii when it came out. Now the bloom is long since off that rose and Microsoft and Sony are left with motion control systems that came out three years too late that nobody cares about.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; September 6, 2011, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• I love how the Maryland coach was going on and on about how these are their "State Pride" uniforms.

Dude, if you had any state pride, you wouldn't send your team out there looking like clowns.

Either that, or Maryland is one shitty-ass state.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        I think that the ship may have sailed on the clown suits. They might sell some extra jerseys, but as far as getting all of the attention that Oregon has benefitted from, I don't think that it's going to happen anymore.
                        While that may be true, I think it is going to take several years for the uniform manufacturers to stop TRYING to get attention with the uglyness. Look at how much attention Maryland got last night. Without their clown suits, would anyone really care about Maryland football? It's like a kid intentionally misbehaving just to get attention from his parents. It always works.

Until people (including me) stop paying attention to school and corporations for dressing their kids like asses, they will continue to do so. And after last night, the bar for how ugly you have to be to get noticed just got exponentially higher.

Comment

• Sounds like A&M will apply for SEC membership tomorrow with the possibility of the SEC voting on accepting their membership. This would be a big domino that potentially starts a lot of others to fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                            Sounds like A&M will apply for SEC membership tomorrow with the possibility of the SEC voting on accepting their membership. This would be a big domino that potentially starts a lot of others to fall.
                            I've heard the vote was already taken today and A&M is in. The official announcement will be tomorrow. At least that's what Tony Barnhart is saying, and he's pretty reliable as SEC insiders go.

Comment

• Also rumored that WV and Missouri are the top 2 targets for sec #14
                              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• It amazes me that Texas would prefer to sacrifice its rivalries with A&M and Oklahoma rather than give up on the LHN but it appears that may be a real possibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X