No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed: Rutgers vs anyone is a bad, almost unwatchable, game; however, it’s cfb on a non-Saturday, which is a positive.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Second year in a row they beat Virginia Tech!!

Comment

• Virginia Tech has been a very strange team this year. I don't know that the current coaching staff can fix the problems they're having this year. Tomorrow night's game at Miami is going to be critical in how this season is perceived by the fan base, and it doesn't figure to go well. Virginia Tech has turned around disappointing seasons with September wins over Miami before, but the Hokies will have to improve mightily this week to pull this one off.

AA mentioned the Army-Temple game earlier. The American Conference might provide us with a weird occurrence at the end of the season. The American has no divisions, and right now, the two leading teams in the conference are Army and Navy-- they're both 2-0 in league play already, and Navy beat preseason favorite Memphis last week. We could be looking at Army vs. Navy in the American championship game...the week before Army-Navy.

Comment

• Speaking of V-Tech and strange. That describes this V-Tech vs Miami (FL) game. Craziness.

One of the more bizarre Hail Mary sequences that I’ve seen live. Some fanbase or betters will be upset.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I think it was the right call, but I’m not sure they had video evidence to overturn.

Tough loss for VaTech.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I would have gone with the call on the field. Tough call. Sure that it will be a hot topic this weekend over social media and general discussion.

Washington vs Rutger is a great game too. Hopefully foreshadowing this weekend of sports.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• That was a very on-brand performance for this VT team-- just good enough to lose late. Virginia Tech took the lead late against Vanderbilt after failing to show up in the first half, then gave up the tying touchdown with just under two minutes to play and lost in overtime. They battled back in a game they should have been losing 40-7 to Rutgers to tie the score at 23, only to give up a 60 yard screen on Rutgers' first play and then the winning field goal with just under two minutes to play. Tonight, they couldn't hold a ten-point fourth-quarter lead and gave up the winning points with...just under two minutes to play.

They alternate brilliant effort with baffling play calls. They seem to save their worst series on both sides of the ball for the times they can least afford them. Brent Pry is now 12-17 at Virginia Tech, and he's 1-10 in one-score games. Yes, this was their best overall effort of the season, and yes, the final replay overturn was a tough call. But the pattern of coming up just short is getting well-established now, and I don't know how this Virginia Tech team will respond to losing another close game, especially one like that.

Comment

• In the latest AP poll, the SEC has 4 of the top 5 teams, the Big Ten has 5 of the top 11. Combined, the SEC and Big Ten have 12 of the top 13 teams in CFB. This will inevitably morph into two super conferences. Hell, you can argue it already has.

Comment

• You are always so argumentative..
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Prove it, asshole!

Comment

• heh
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• UNLV beat Fresno State 59-14 Saturday after their starting QB quit the team. I'm sure that's not indicative of anything... at all.

Comment

• Speak of the Devil...

SEC and Big Ten athletic directors will meet next week to discuss a possible partnership in football scheduling and preferences for automatic bids, sources told ESPN.

"I'm for anything that gives us the maximum number of postseason opportunities," one SEC source said. "I don't count bowl games as postseason opportunities."
                            Last edited by Mike; September 30, 2024, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              UNLV beat Fresno State 59-14 Saturday after their starting QB quit the team. I'm sure that's not indicative of anything... at all.
                              Portnoy needs to give the kid who left a phone call.
                              Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• Or maybe the kid who stayed.

Comment

Working...
                                X