The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, that’s not accurate.

No doubt M will pick the Rose Bowl if they get the #1 seed. It’s B1G tradition and make a southern fanbase (Bama, Texas, or FSU) travel to the west coast too. Playing in New Orleans would be an advantage to them.

Now maybe Washington vs Michigan for the #1 seed is a closer discussion than we realize. I think our team gets it, but who knows. Chaos!
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• So Michigan gets to pick? I keep hearing that.

Comment

• New
        @AP_Top25
        poll (1st place votes)

1 Michigan (51)

2 Washington (11)

3 Texas

4 FSU

5 Bama

6 UGA

7 Ohio St

8 Oregon

9 Mizzou

10 Penn St​

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
          I was a fan of the BCS and caught a lot of shit for it lol
          It does seem that the Bowls, in general,and New Years Day, particularly, were a lot more interesting back then, doesn't it?

Comment

• I don't usually watch the Paul Finebaum show but just happened to tune in on Friday out of boredom curiosity and he had his usual SEC pundits on and both agreed they should pick BOTH Alabama and Georgia as final four members. Their arguments are how well Alabama played yadayadyada and Georgia is just so talented.. the SEC is superior blah blah.

To have both teams out would make my day just to see him pout and sulk.

Comment

• Originally posted by klondike View Post
              I don't usually watch the Paul Finebaum show but just happened to tune in on Friday out of boredom curiosity and he had his usual SEC pundits on and both agreed they should pick BOTH Alabama and Georgia as final four members. Their arguments are how well Alabama played yadayadyada and Georgia is just so talented.. the SEC is superior blah blah.

To have both teams out would make my day just to see him pout and sulk.
              Look, Finebaum was a sportswriter in Bham for decades before he became a “personality”. I think I can speak on him with a degree of authority. When Bama and Georgia are left out there will be no one on Earth happier than Paul Finebaum. No one. It will give him literal months of material. Caring what he said is like caring what Skip Bayless says. He wants clicks and views. The SEC being left out will turbo charge his outrage schtick.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• When Bama is left out, only Bama is to blame, no one else. Silly, arrogant scheduling for the youngest team in the SEC. The talent was there; the experience wasn’t. Playing Texas week 2 pulled the cake out of the oven too soon and it ruined it. We have a top 5 SOS. If we had played SoMiss instead, our SOS would have only dropped to 21, which is still higher than most in the hunt. It would have given us time to give the younglings experience, we’d be a 1-seed. We can’t blame the Committee, it’s all on us.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yeah, you don't get rewarded for playing a hard OoC.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Yeah, you don't get rewarded for playing a hard OoC.
                    Not at all. It’s all risk, almost no reward.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Look, Finebaum was a sportswriter in Bham for decades before he became a “personality”. I think I can speak on him with a degree of authority. When Bama and Georgia are left out there will be no one on Earth happier than Paul Finebaum. No one. It will give him literal months of material. Caring what he said is like caring what Skip Bayless says. He wants clicks and views. The SEC being left out will turbo charge his outrage schtick.
                      💯 True if the SEC is left out if the CFP.
                      Finebaum’s call in show will be fired up like never before. Good business for him.

It’s going to be wild to see what happens.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• It will be huge for him, Cody. An early Hanukkah for him.

Comment

• Texas and Oklahoma join the SEC in what, a couple of weeks? At least there would be Texas to kinda root for.

We shall see. Many people think Bama still gets in.

Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                          So Michigan gets to pick? I keep hearing that.
                          Yes, #1 gets to pick. Give me the Rose Bowl!
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• You’d root for Texas? Jesus Christ, Cody.

Comment

• We are in.

Comment

• Alabama deserves to be in. They won their conference championship game. Conference championship game winners should have the advantage when there are only 4 playoff spots, and 5 champions to choose from.

Michigan, Washington, Texas and Alabama. All worthy champions. FSU? Play somebody.

It must suck to be a JawJa fan today. About 24 hours ago, you were defending national champions, riding a 29(?) game winning streak. Today, you're not even in the playoffs.

Somewhere, AA is smiling.

A lot of fans from other teams can make a good case to be included in the playoffs. Next year, more worthy teams will be included. But if we're going to have conference championship games, then winning those games has to mean something. A CCG winner should not sit out in favor of an at large team. And this really does suck for FSU, because they're undefeated, but not included. But again, nobody helped them. Their opponents were not good. I've seen a undefeated Michigan team sit at home for the bowl season before. It sucks.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X