No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If there's one thing I look forward to in future college football seasons(and there aren't many such things right now), it's that there will be more of an incentive to schedule good non-conference games. One loss won't be the season-killer it can be now.

Not even 2 losses, I won't be watching the NFL minor league. College Football is over for me, last 3 years sure were fun!

Comment

• I don’t know, Jason. With 12 teams in the CFP, you can play tomato cans OOC as long as the conference you’re in has a pulse and you have a good record. A bad OOC might drop you down in the seeding, but it’s not gonna eliminate you.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• FSU will be out.

Michigan
        Washington
        Tezas
        Alabama

We’ll get wrecked in the semi but I’m cool with it. 3 straight over OSU and 3-peat Big Ten Champs. I’m good.

Comment

• We’ll get wrecked in the semi but I’m cool with it. 3 straight over OSU and 3-peat Big Ten Champs. I’m good.

Yea I'm good, anything after Ohio is house money

Comment

• Yeah, you'll still be able to play lousy non-conference schedules. Michigan has done it for the past two years. I just think, with the ever-increasing drive for TV money and the expanded playoff, that the incentives tip a bit more toward taking a risk early in the season than they do now.

Speaking of things I might be wrong about, here's another that will make me terribly popular around here: given what I think Michigan is facing in the Harbaugh matters from the NCAA, I wonder if Michigan wouldn't be better served in the long term making a deal to accept a bowl ban this year in exchange for the NCAA closing the case. It will never happen, of course, and there would be Michigan fans demanding the heads of those responsible if it were officially on the table, but I think I'd consider making that deal if I thought the NCAA would accept it.
            Last edited by JRB; December 3, 2023, 12:51 AM.

Comment

• Why would you voluntarily give up a shot in the playoffs this season for a Music City Bowl next year?

Comment

• Especially when a postseason ban from the NCAA is -- laughable, ludicrous? I forget the term you used.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Florida State will either be 3 or 5. If you put Texas ahead of them, then you Alabama ahead of them. If you think being 13-0 and winning the ACC should get you in, then, you put them ahead of Texas. Moving to 4 is utter illogical.

I think they'll get in and it''ll be M-Texas, Wash-FSU in the easiest CFP ever -- by a long shot. In fact, I actually think the next 4 -- Alabama, Georgia, OSU, Oregon -- would be better -- because It think the two SEC teams are the best in the country, OSU is on par with Texas and Oregon is way better than FSU.

What a crazy year.

If M can't win an outright national title then they're going the full Cubs+ before they ever win one.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Vegas seems to think FSU is out. So the obvious scenario mentioned by Mike above this post is likely.
                    Get the latest 2024-25 College Football Playoff Championship Futures Odds provided by VegasInsider, along with more NCAAF Betting Resources.

​​…

I actually agree with JJ Watt. Expand the CFP to 6 for this season. M and Washington bye week. We get 2 more games to watch. Sports leagues made all sorts of impromptu decisions during 2020. Shit, I even think we had a NFL game on Tuesday or Wednesday in 2020. Why not…

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• It would be refreshing to see an innovative procedure like a rotating play-off scheme. Meaning, the amount of games played is determined on the ending standings. Not one fixed play-off system. Some years only 4, some years 6, some years 8.

That would take a progressive far thinking stand that the NCAA just doesn't have.

Comment

• Not a bad idea, never more than 6 though

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                          Not a bad idea, never more than 6 though
                          The less the better. I'm for 2 if that is sustainable but obviously, 4 would be the least and go from there. Even at 12 I can tell you there will be 3 or 4 teams that feel they've been iced out. Every new season has a unique payout. Why should there be such a stubborn system.

Comment

• I was a fan of the BCS and caught a lot of shit for it lol

Comment

• Meanwhile Ohio/Sharty fans seem to be trapped going between 1 and 2 in the 5 stages of grief, they are back out trolling today. lol

Comment

• Where the fuck is Michigan playing, CBS Sports has this up.

GAb1eQmWAAAIUBA?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X