• P5 title game matchups are all set

ACC: Florida State vs. Louisville

Big 12: Texas vs. Oklahoma State

Big Ten: HARBAUGH!! vs. Iowa

SEC: Georgia vs. Alabama

Pac-12: Washington vs. Oregon

Comment

• Big 12: Texas vs. Oklahoma State
      Are you sure abou this one, Wings? I thought Texas was playing Oklahoma.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Positive.

Oklahoma is out

Comment

• Ok, .. I just saw that. Okie State beat Okie.

Comment

• 12-0 FSU beat FL, great defense can't get them in the playoffs if they beat Louisville next week

Comment

• Early validation to indicate how well Oregon has been playing… Oregon is currently favored by 9.5 points. Damn! Though it makes sense because they have been playing great recently.

Oregon -9.5 vs Washington on Friday. ABC 8pm EST.

Win and you’re certainly in the CFP.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• P5 CG's are going to determine the playoffs:

Oregon vs Washington: Winner is in
                Alabama vs Georgia: Winner is in
                Michigan vs Iowa: Michigan is in?
                Louisville vs Florida State: Winner is likely in
                Texas vs Oklahoma State: Texas needs to win and get some style points

Texas is likely out even with a win, too many teams above them benefit more from winning their conference and earning another quality win. It's a possibility if Texas wins, they'll get in over say Louisville which wouldn't be much of an upset.

Comment

• There's no way Louisville is in with a win.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                    P5 CG's are going to determine the playoffs:

Oregon vs Washington: Winner is in
                    Alabama vs Georgia: Winner is in
                    Michigan vs Iowa: Michigan is in?
                    Louisville vs Florida State: Winner is likely in
                    Texas vs Oklahoma State: Texas needs to win and get some style points

Texas is likely out even with a win, too many teams above them benefit more from winning their conference and earning another quality win. It's a possibility if Texas wins, they'll get in over say Louisville which wouldn't be much of an upset.
                    Michigan, FSU, Georgia and Washington are your playoff teams as long as they win their CCG's.

Texas, Oregon, and Louisville can't do anything about it, because all already have one loss.

The fun starts if Oregon (IMO, as expected) beats Washington. Then all the 1-loss teams will be politicking for that 4th spot.

Comment

• Louisville has TWO losses. They lost at home to Kentucky yesterday. They are OUT.

The really interesting question is going to be if Florida State wins. And if Texas wins. Texas is clearly better. It's not even close at the moment. But FSU is undefeated.

And I actually don't think any team is "in" at the moment. Georgia, M and Ore/Wash are 100% in if they win. Everyone else needs to win and keep fingers crossed.

And, again, Louisville is out. Ohio State is in before Louisville. But, OSU's ship sailed when Okie State won -- no way they're beating Texas, and OSU would need Texas to lose (and FSU and Alabama, but those two are very possible). Texas is going to asswail Okie State.

Comment

• So, if Georgia and M both win -- AND FSU wins...I think FSU gets in and the games are Georgia-FSU (blowout) and M-Oregon. If it's Georgia-Texas, that's not a blowout at all.

Comment

• Yeah I support Jeff Brohm because he’s a good dude, but his team is officially out. Wouldn’t be surprised if Louisville defeats FSU though… Brohm has been successful at winning big games.

Here’s my dream scenario after thinking about it:
                          1. Georgia loses by 10 to Alabama.
                          2. Michigan defeats Iowa (this game is nothing to think about. Iowa can’t pick up 1st downs).
                          3. Washington loses a thriller to Oregon.
                          4. Florida State annihilates Louisville (similar to Cardale Jones vs Wisconsin).
                          5. Texas destroys Oklahoma State.
                          Have fun with that, CFP committee. Piss off all sorts of people with chaos!
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• If Liberty beats New Mexico State again in the Conference USA championship game and SMU upsets Tulane in the AAC championship, the Fightin' Falwells will be playing in a New Year's Six game. That is difficult for me to accept, but it is a very real possibility.

Also, I sincerely hope the folks that decide on national coaching awards give strong consideration to Jerry Kill at New Mexico State. Winning 10 games in a season in Las Cruces is borderline miraculous, and Kill's done that with two games left to play.

Comment

• Here are CBS Sports predictions, I think Michigan will lose the Rose Bowl as usual no matter if it is FSU or Oregon
                              Jan. 1 Sugar Bowl
                              New Orleans
                              Semifinal (1) Georgia vs. (4) Oregon
                              Jan. 1 Rose Bowl
                              Pasadena, Calif.
                              Semifinal (2) Michigan vs. (3) Florida State

Comment

• We’ll skull fuck FSU whether they play the game in Pasadena or on Mars.

Comment

Working...
                                X