The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    At the end of the Baylor-OSU game, Baylor called a phantom timeout.

Shouldn't they have gotten slapped with a penalty?
    Not a penalty dumbass. You just don't grant it. This isn't hoops.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• What it should be:
      1. Michigan
      2. Alabama
      3. Georgia
      4. Cincinnati

What it will be:
      1. Alabama
      2. Michigan
      3. Georgia
      4. Cincinnati

So absurd that a “Georgia State” AD is on the committee. Huh, wonder where his interest is…. And WTF is a Georgia State college.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Bama will be #1. Beat soundly the team everyone had at #1 by a long shot. Won their CCG. Only one loss. Losing on the road at A&M in a shootout. M lost to MSU who was throttled by OSU. Bama is #1. At #2 could be M or UGA...doesn't matter. Cincy is #4 with their only great win being against a shitball ND team.

End of story. Another $EC rematch in the CCG. YAWN.

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
          What it should be:
          1. Michigan
          2. Alabama
          3. Georgia
          4. Cincinnati

What it will be:
          1. Alabama
          2. Michigan
          3. Georgia
          4. Cincinnati

So absurd that a “Georgia State” AD is on the committee. Huh, wonder where his interest is…. And WTF is a Georgia State college.
          Disagree very much with your first set. Can't argue with second much other than I think UGA will be #2...but 2 and 3 spots are irrelevant.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

What it should be:
            1. Michigan
            2. Alabama
            3. Georgia
            4. Cincinnati

What it will be:
            1. Alabama
            2. Michigan
            3. Georgia
            4. Cincinnati

What it should be:
            1. Alabama
            2. Michigan
            3. Cincinnati
            4. Georgia

What it will be:
            1. Alabama
            2. Michigan
            3. Georgia
            4. Cincinnati

Comment

What it should be:
              1. Michigan
              2. Alabama
              3. Georgia
              4. Cincinnati

What it will be:
              1. Alabama
              2. Michigan
              3. Georgia
              4. Cincinnati

Georgia State is in Atlanta. They play in the Sunbelt Conference.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• A Quick Top Ten

1. Alabama.

2. Georgia.

3. Michigan

4. Cincinnati.

5. Notre Dame.

6. Ohio State.

7. Baylor.

8. Ole Miss.

9. Oklahoma State.

10. Oklahoma.

Next Ten: Michigan State, BYU, Pittsburgh, Utah, N.C. State, Clemson, Wake Forest, Iowa, Oregon, Louisiana

Comment

• I think it SHOULD be:

1. Michigan
                  2. Alabama
                  3. Georgia
                  4. Cincinnati

Reason: The seedings should not allow two teams from the same conference to play for the title. Doesn't matter that its a "rematch". No matter where you seed them, there's a potential "rematch", so get it over with in the first round.

I don't see why the "rematch" CANNOT take place in Round 1. Play it, and get it over with.

And on another subject, that was discussed on the post game show ....

Mel Tucker was selected as "Big Ten Coach Of The Year". But, we all know that's bogus. He's a very good coach, but he's not the coach of the year. He didn't bring his team back from a 2-6 record and win the conference, and make the playoffs. His claim to fame this year is his dubious and admitted officiating mistake filled "win" over Michigan. That's it.

I know that Harbaugh is hated here by most of the non-Michigan fans, but he's the Big Ten Coach Of The Year in the real world.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Who cares if Bama and Georgia just played each other. It’s irrelevant if they are in the same conference.
                    You don’t rank teams based on entertainment value. Rank based on the best, most deserving, teams.

That’s 💯:
                    1. Michigan
                    2. Alabama
                    3. Cincinnati
                    4. Nebraska

Ok joking. Had to give Frosty a mention.
                    #4 is obviously Cincinnati or Georgia.

We know #1 + #2 is some combination of Bama, M.
                    #3 + #4 is some combination of Cincinnati, Georgia.
                    Fact.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Well if the 'experts' are correct, Bama and Georgia are going to play each other again no matter what, so why not get it out of the way in the Semi-finals?

If the system was truly fair, Michigan would be ranked #1. Georgia should drop to #3, and Alabama should be #2. Cincy is undefeated but their SOS only gets them to #4. Everyone ahead of them have played tougher schedules.

But the process is not intended to be fair. Its intended to provide big bucks to the networks, and butts in the seats in the stadiums.

I'm actually fine with where-ever and whomever Michigan plays. Suit up, play the game, .. win, lose .. whatever. They are Big Ten Champions. Something that has eluded them for nearly 2 decades. Anything after this is house money.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Its all about money. Don't forget ND has a seat on the selection committee. Georgia lost by three scores - who wants to see a rematch? Anyone? Anyone at all? Bueller?

I think GA slips to #5 and there will be much gnashing of teeth.
                        I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• What is Georgia's best win? Their schedule is poop, they want to claim Kentucky as a great win? They did dominate a bunch of mediocre teams but not any good teams. Cincy win over ND is better then anything they did.

Dogs are a clear #4, ND a clear #5. ND needed Bama, or Cincy to lose. ND has no case against Cincy with the head to head loss despite Cincinnati playing no one other than the Domers.

Comment

• Georgia dominated a bunch of teams that, IMO, would won or been playing UC in the AAC championship game.

Georgia is better than UC. No one has yet contended otherwise.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Alabama is going to be #1.

"I think what these guys really wanted to gain was more respect," Saban said. "Not just the fact that they were underdogs, because I think we had a tremendous amount of respect for Georgia, their team and what they accomplished. But you guys gave us a lot of really positive rat poison. The rat poison that you usually give us is usually fatal, but the rat poison that you put out there this week was yummy."
                              🤣
                              3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
                              10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• What is Georgia's best win? Their schedule is poop, they want to claim Kentucky as a great win? They did dominate a bunch of mediocre teams but not any good teams. Cincy win over ND is better then anything they did.
                                Correct.

I would not doubt, Swarbrick is already working the phones. ND is 11-1 with a decent if not impressive resume. I think it's better than UGA's who just got curb stomped by Alabama. in the SEC CCG.

Except for ND, WIN YOUR FUCKING CONFERENCE OR GO HOME.

Michigan
                                Alabama
                                Cinci
                                ND

Think of the draw: Michigan v. ND in the Orange Bowl. Michigan v. Alabama in Indy. Talk about butt's in seats,
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X