No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STFU. Both M and MSU were lucky escaping with wins over UNL...Iowa is not a Top 10 team in my opinion...PSU is with their starting QB. This season is fucking crazy but when it's all said and done...it will be OSU and UGA.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• So many teams get lucky with Adrian Martinez turnovers.

Comment

• We lost to MSU because of a special teams fuck up...dumbass. Game should have never even got to OT...but you are a fucking dumbass so I expect it. No first downs in the second half...outyarded 2 to 1...yeah...you were fucking lucky. MSU will lose 3 games this year. Book it.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I have no problem conceding that Nebraska played probably its best game of the year against us, and M was DEFINITELY lucky to get out of town with the win. Nebraska's 2nd half offense was basically unstoppable. I give them credit for making halftime changes, and going with what works for them. And, they are better than their record.

I'll take ugly wins, because nobody gives wins back to us when they beat us ugly. Thats college football.

As for Bezerklie's rankings, I'm still not ready to concede that Cincytucky is better than Alabama and OSU. Oregon? Maybe, since they now have lost their top RB. On a neutral field, Cincy probably beats them. At Autzen? I'd like to see that. That place is very hard on visiting teams. Ask Lloyd Carr.

PSU with their starting QB is right there with OSU. W/O their starter, they'll only go where their defense takes them.
          Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• In OT your boy Martinez gave it up and the your defense gave it up on a wildcat play. Stop being a crybaby, you guys lost.

Martinez is a big turnover machine, the sooner you accept it the better.

Comment

• CFB has generally evolved to a place where you can't REALLY win without at least a very good offense. I'm agnostic as to the evolution, just saying it's happened.

But, 2021 is going to really put that to the test. Georgia's defensive numbers are almost immeasurably good at this point. I think Penn State is outstanding on defense, too (thought, losing Mustipher is huge). And Iowa is very good, too. Plus, Sparty and M are brilliantly balanced.

The team that stands out as a sore thumb is Ohio State -- a team that obviously has no hope of playing any defense. However, they have some skill on offense and may end up being really good on offense if CJ Stroud continues to develop. But, that offense vs defense concept is going to be put to the test a couple times, I think, in B10 play. Especially in the OSU vs PSU -- even with Clifford, their offense is one-dimensional at best.

That's why M, and to a lesser extent Sparty, are so dangerous as CFP title contenders. They are extremely balanced teams that do everything well. Now, I think M is just better on defense -- probably considerably better -- and probably a little better in the running game -- though, that's probably closer to a toss-up. But, Sparty does have game-breakers in Nailor and Reed that can wreck a defense. Still doesn't explain why they were stifled by a fairly shitty UNL defense, but whatever.

So, I think you have the more one-dimensional teams in Iowa, Penn State and Ohio State. And then you have the title-contender balance of M and almost-there balance of Sparty.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• We’re not good on defense. We got exposed in the 2nd half against Nebraska.

Comment

• Eh, M played 2 subpar quarters against a great offense and still came up with the play when they needed it. That's a legit defense and certainly better than anything Ohio State has.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Nebraska is the only competent offense that we have played. Rutgers is garbage and we couldn't get off the field against them pretty much all day.

Also, we are not well rounded at all on offense. Our passing game is mediocre, at best. We don't run the QB and we generally run a playbook from the 1990s, which is a formula to get you 24 points against an average defense. We have legitimately great RBs and a really good OL that does a good job of executing runs up the middle against 8 man fronts with linebackers crashing down on the LOS like crazy. Our receivers are adequate. Our QB mostly sucks by modern standards.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; October 14, 2021, 08:39 AM.

Comment

• The Spartans have not really played anyone of note. The offense has been very good, but the heart of the schedule is in front of them.

Comment

• Yes you had an offensive explosion against UNL...yowza...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• ...EXPLOSION...
                          Attached Files
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• They exploded in the OT after you fellas had another turnover.

Comment

• Lol. Yeah.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Amazed at this Clemson offense for how bad it looks. From elite in 2020 to horrid in 2021. Complete turnaround.
                                Yes, they lost a ton of talent. Didn't expect to see Clemson rebuilding instead of reloading based on their recruiting and recent history.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X