No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the Charbonnet story had more to do with homesickness than a disappointment with Michigan. The announcers said today that his old HS is about 3 miles from the Rose Bowl where he was playing today. I wish the kid well. He's a fine player. I just wish he was still ours.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Reminiscent of why Devin Asiasi left to UCLA. Asiasi, eventual 3rd RD pick of the NE Patriots.
      It's like Harbaugh is good at finding talent. Scouting or talent evaluation. Yet, the coaching has been lackluster since 2017 because SEVERAL former Wolverines are finding better success elsewhere.
      Oliver Martin is next on the list. He balled out today for Nebraska. 6 catches, 103 yards, 1 TD.

You could argue that the two best players in FBS football today were Oliver Martin and Zach Charbonnet.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• For Charbonnet I'm sure it makes a difference when the coach designs plays that give him the ball, and send him to an area on the field where the opposing team has been blocked.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          For Charbonnet I'm sure it makes a difference when the coach designs plays that give him the ball, and send him to an area on the field where the opposing team has been blocked.
          Watching the replay of Charbonnet's TD run, the Hawaii defense had the lane he had established filled - two, maybe 3 defenders had him for a 4 yard gain. He powered through them. There's that physics of mass and acceleration at work here.

To break it down, his force vector (sum of mass + acceleration) was greater that the sum total of the opposing angular velocities of any of the players opposing him. Note that on attempts to tackle him, none of the defenders force vectors/acceleration are perpendicular to Charbonnett's.

This is a demonstration of Newton's second law that states that force is proportional to what is required for an object of constant mass to change its velocity. This is equal to that object's mass multiplied by its acceleration.

How's that? Since I'm done reading or writing about Afghanistan, COVID or related world catastrophes such as Ida. I'll be applying my prodigious analytical skills to football. I know you're all excited about this.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Zach Charbonnet is the latest example of Habaugh's pissed away talent. God only knows what goes through his mind behind that vacant stare of his. I think that he just endlessly repeats "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" in his head during practice.
            Last edited by Hannibal; August 29, 2021, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
              Fuck Jim Harbaugh....... a continuing story of wasted opportunities.
              Fuck Scott Frost...a continuing story of wasted opportunities.

Fixed.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• When Michigan plays Nebraska in Lincoln, what we need is for all the guys who were on both teams in '96 need to come back and play a game to settle the matter once and for all.

Even at those guys' advanced ages, that game would be more entertaining than the one that is about to happen in 2021. I imagine Woodson could probably still intercept a Frost pass....

Comment

• It was 97...dumbass...

Liney:

you complete me
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Way easier to get homesick when you aren't getting playing time.

Comment

Attached Files
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Actually, he'd be better suited to work at Wendy's. "Frost, get me a Frosty"....

Comment

• Shaddup

I can mock him. You can't.

STFU.

KYR.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The Bishop Sycamore shit is wild.

Recently, HS football powerhouse, IMG, played Bishop Sycamore. Killed them, 58-0 or something close on espn. The promoter who booked the game told everyone that Bishop had D1 level talent. Apparently, they don’t. Further, they are a fake HS and the coach has an arrest warrant.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbn...tball-img-espn

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.www...yer-interview/
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Wiz: illegal kick

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                The Bishop Sycamore shit is wild.

Recently, HS football powerhouse, IMG, played Bishop Sycamore. Killed them, 58-0 or something close on espn. The promoter who booked the game told everyone that Bishop had D1 level talent. Apparently, they don’t. Further, they are a fake HS and the coach has an arrest warrant.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbn...tball-img-espn

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.www...yer-interview/

Are you insinuating that ABC/ESPN/Disney didn't do any research about these two teams before committing a couple million dollars in production costs?

Surely that didn't happen. They were obviously flim-flammed ...

Comment

Working...
                                X