No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lending Tree Bowl at 6:30 central: Miami(OH) vs Louisiana-Lafayette!
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Jeeeeze, AA, you must be really bored, have no social life, are dining on cans of tuna fish with Slivovitz on top or all three.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• He prefers kippers and liverwurst

Comment

• Well, JB, here is the deal: I love college football. Now, you being from a state that doesn't find it important, I can understand how some curling event or driving over to Ypsilanti for a pasty or whatever is more alluring, but down here it's an event. And considering how we only have a couple of games left before we have to wander the desert like one of the 12 tribes, I am gonna savor each game left like Saban feasting on oatmeal creme pies.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The State of Michigan surely found football important when the notorious connoisseur of Flint brothels, Fielding Yost, was running up the score against the likes of Kalamazoo YMCA and the Saginaw Girl Scouts Troop 132. Many an invalid were taught a severe lesson on those days I tell you! Hundreds of cripples felt the mercilessly boot of Boss Man Yost on their throats!

However, since roughly the great influenza epidemic and scheduling of competitive games, Michigan football has waned, taking refuge in platitudes, delusion, wildly undeserved self-importance and, basically, anything not related to the sport. You see, no man is held in higher esteem by a Michigan Man than a Michigan Man. And so they swill their mimosas toasting the accomplishments of Yost and, most importantly, themselves, while bemoaning those who dare compete against them, longing for the halcyon days of Yost delivering an upbraiding to the insolent braggarts of the Monroe County Volunteer Fire Department that they soon wouldn't forget.

Those who stay, sir, will be champions. At life.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• lol @ 'pasties in Ypsilanti'.

Pasteys, maybe. Never pasties.

To find real authentic pasties, you must cross the bridge into yooper territory. Anything else is an ordinary meat pie.

I'll fist fight anyone who dares dispute this.
              Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• Come on, liney, you know you buy all of your pasties from the frozen food aisle at the Kroger's in Flint.

Comment

• I've eaten them on both sides of the bridge, I didn't find them to all that special in the UP. They don't like it if you eat it with gravy.

Comment

• Ackroyd's Scottish bakery is still open, I don't think they're are as good as when I was a kid though.

Comment

• Also, the Lending Tree Bowl is at scenic Ladd-Peebles Stadium in Mobile. It's reminiscent of the practice field the prisoners used in the original "The Longest Yard" movie, except not quite as nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        Come on, liney, you know you buy all of your pasties from the frozen food aisle at the Kroger's in Flint.
                        Now that was low.

You could tell me that Bo Schembechler wore Bermuda shorts, and I'd be less offended.

I never shop at Kroger's in Flint.

St. John's, maybe, but never Flint.
                        Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• Mark Dantonio won't be making any staff changes this offseason. Ok there is only one reason for this, they HAVE to have dirt on him.

Comment

• Matt Rhule to the Carolina Panthers

Baylor had the worst recruiting class in the Big 12

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                              Matt Rhule to the Carolina Panthers

Baylor had the worst recruiting class in the Big 12
                              Was he widely believed to be on the way out? Could be why

Comment

• shaddup
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X