No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't be surprised if it's Dantonio's last year, but you never can tell. I don't detect a large groundswell of support for removing Dantonio among the fan base. But he might just be ready to hang it up.

Fecal should be candidate #1 for MSU. Good recruiter. Lineage from both Tressel and Meyer. I'd take him at Michigan.

Comment

• Stay the course, State.

Comment

• There's no groundswell for him to hang it up. It went south for Perles very quickly and John Hannah was said to admit to Wharton he should have gotten rid of Daugherty before he retired.

All of his assistants deals are up at the end of the year. If he stays, I'm sure they would need to change staff members. I think he would also have to say he's committed to staying and/or here is the successor. He has been very reluctant to let go of anyone and MSU doesn't pay anything. There has to be something different next year, it can't be status quo. All that crap is complicated compared to collecting the bonus check in January and riding off into the sunset.

We'll see, one thing going in Michigan's favor is they will spend money. That's always been a problem in EL, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Comment

• Dantonio hasn't really had that end-of-career decay yet ala Perles, Paterno, or Bowden. He's stuck in a little bit of a rut but the wheels haven't come off the wagon. I was hoping that we would get at least one of those with Dantonio so that we could get at least one legitimate shitkicking in before he retired. If he has unofficially quit coaching and he stays, then maybe next year could finally be that.

Comment

• Wait ..... if Dantonio has checked out, does he have mental health issues like Harbaugh? Is he taking something for them?. Heh.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Rememeber swim lanes? That one isn't yours.

Comment

• Make that 6 Spartans now in the transfer portal ... all since Sept 25.

From the article, Dantonio speaking
                "I think this is a sign of the times a little bit," Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio said Oct. 1. "I'm always going to take the position that, hey, whatever you think is best for you. If you don't think it's best to be here, then it probably isn't because you're not all in."
                ... or, it could be because you're an asshole, Coach ....
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• harsh...but funny
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                    harsh...but funny
                    Better that than your signature combination of harsh and unfunny.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post

Better that than your signature combination of harsh and unfunny.
                      shaddup
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Better, thanks

Comment

• Anytime buddy
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Don't take this wrong way, "THE_" WIZARD_, but you're a fucking idiot. To be clear, the right way to take it is that you're a fucking idiot.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              Don't take this wrong way, "THE_" WIZARD_, but you're a fucking idiot. To be clear, the right way to take it is that you're a fucking idiot.
                              No offense taken sir...I pattern myself after you...I think I've done a damn good job...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Ha, ha ..... the heat is off Harbaugh for a while. ND's Brain Kelly is feeling the heat after ND's loss to Michigan last Saturday and the issue being raised is Kelly's road record against ranked teams - he's lost the last 11 consecutive road games against top 20 teams.

I have absolutely no sympathy for him.

Kelly has done nothing to dispel the notion that Notre Dame football is perennially overrated due to the fact that he has failed to win the big games.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X