No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You schedule ND because they are supposedly a rival of Michigan. I have been told that they are a rival of Michifan, in fact some Michigan fans would say that ND is a bigger rival than MSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
      We can talk about Alabama’s schedule if they ever bother to play a non conference road game against any team of note.
      I guess oLIEo's TCU game at JerryWorld next year doesn't count either then. Neutral field and all.
      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Bottom line, Alabama's strength of schedule was down in 2017 due to their conference being down and Top 5 team FSU taking a dive after Bama knocked out their QB. OlieO took note, for they need something to whine about.

For years Bama been right at the top.

Check out 2015 (#1)

And 2016 (#1)

Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Interesting take since OSU plays road games all the time. But, yes, it’s like if Alabama played M at Ford Field. But, LMAO off them leaving the south.

Their schedule was ass this year and it’s even worse next year. Louisville. LOL.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The gnawing pain of rejection still stings this one's tear stained cheek.
            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Hmmmm. I guess. After just getting beat down I can see why you’d opt for tha post. Your troll effort was humiliated. And now it’s just a M fan talking about tears to an OSU fan. Can’t make that shit up. LMAO.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                Hmmmm. I guess.
                Good work, you ready for step 2 of the 5 steps of grief?

Denial isn't becoming, work on anger next.
                Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Awful.

Still hilarious to watch an M fan doing this. Though, it seems like you’ve disassociated with M. Smart.

Comment

• Is an Alabama fan.

Comment

• The Rest of College Football

Looked it up, oLIEo strength of schedule:

2016 #20

2015 #57

LOL, tough.
                      Last edited by whodean; January 1, 2018, 01:47 PM.
                      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                        I guess oLIEo's TCU game at JerryWorld next year doesn't count either then. Neutral field and all.
                        It counts but sack up and step up against somebody for a home and home on occasion. Or at least a neutral field game outside of the south for crying out loud.

Comment

• The Penn State series AA references was originally supposed to be played in 2004-2005. But Bama had just been hit by Dubose-era sanctions so they begged and pleaded with Penn State to delay that series for a number of years. Penn State was nice enough to comply, though they should've made Alabama stick to the original deal or pay a penalty to get out.

In 2004-05 Alabama played Utah State/MTSU instead of the Lions.

The only other home-and-home series Bama has played since 2004 is Duke.

Comment

• And yet #1 SoS in both 2015 and 2016
                            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• So what? They play a bunch of over rated SEC teams.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                                And yet #1 SoS in both 2015 and 2016
                                Depends on who you ask. I'd wager the systems that regard Alabama's SOS as great this year tend to view SOS as winning % and not much else.

When everyone in the SEC West plays an FCS school, plays two tomato cans, and plays one moderately safe Big 5 school, it's easier to boost the division's winning % as a whole.

It's also obvious the SEC puts a lot more thought into the scheduling of bye weeks and non-conference games than other conferences do, making the schedule more manageable for its top programs. Ohio State routinely plays schools like Penn State/Wisconsin/Michigan/MSU back-to-back. If Bama was ever forced to play LSU and Auburn in back to back weeks, SEC headquarters would be burned to the ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X