The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by klondike View Post
    I didn't see much of the game but did Texas A&M just go into prevent the whole second half. Reminded me of that MSU comeback vs NW a few years back and UM's comeback against Minnesota with Elvis Grbeck. Both instances the defense just laid back and let them pick them apart. Why do defenses do that?
    Exactly my thought... that 2006 MSU vs NW comeback. John L Smith's last relevant moment at MSU...
    Texas A&M naturally played more conservative, but they brought the heat at times. Their D looked exhausted. They also couldn't match up coverage on UCLA's TE Wilson. Plus their starting QB Starkel was knocked out of the game.
    Combination of reasons that gave Rosen this moment. That fake spike game winning TD will be popular this season.

EDIT: Some comedy:
    Texas A&M Football discussion on the TexAgs Forum.
    Last edited by Cody_Russell; September 3, 2017, 10:42 PM.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Honestly, I switched over to VT/VW in the 3rd at that time Gus Johnson and Joel Klatt were talking about if A &M were calling the dogs off with a 5 td lead. I switched back in time for the winning drive.

Comment

• CBS Sports

Dan Marino, you have some company. Not only did UCLA star quarterback Josh Rosen bring the Bruins back from a 34-point deficit to defeat Texas A&M 45-44 on Sunday night at the Rose Bowl, his final toss of the game was one for the history books.

With just 43 seconds in the game, moments after his team converted a 4th and 6, Rosen hurried up to the line of scrimmage to spike the ball. Instead, after feigning the spike, he pulled the ball up and tossed it into the left corner of the end zone for game-winning touchdown. It was quite literally a two-minute drill for the ages.

Comment

• [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuqX18_zVqI"]Josh Rosen Fake Spike Game-Winner vs Texas A&M | College Football Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• The clock was stopped when the receiver went out of bounds. Why would he be spiking the ball?

The fake spike didn't fool anybody. The DB didn't react to it he just got beat by a good move and throw.
            Last edited by CGVT; September 3, 2017, 11:33 PM.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I know, was watching it and was like why is he spiking the ball after going out of bounds? Then he faked it.. love Gus losing his mind on the call lol

Comment

• Fuck Gus. I'm glad I was watching the other game
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• How do you blow a 34-point lead in 19 minutes?

Comment

• Back-to-back pick-sixes is a start.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                      Fuck Gus. I'm glad I was watching the other game
                      Does it make me a bad person to wish you were watching during the comback to hear Gus in all of his glory?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        Does it make me a bad person to wish you were watching during the comback to hear Gus in all of his glory?
                        Yep ;)

Comment

• lol...why would he fake a spike on a play where they got both a first down AND went out of bounds?

I didn't watch any of the game but wow...is Sumlin fired yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            lol...why would he fake a spike on a play where they got both a first down AND went out of bounds?

I didn't watch any of the game but wow...is Sumlin fired yet?
                            Yeah, even Screamin' Gus knew the clock was stopped.

And the sports shows and talking heads are losing their minds about it. Calling it a Heisman moment, comparing it to Dan Marino's fake spike, etc etc.

When you watch the replay you can see that none of the defensive players fell for it.

Comment

• I've seen replay of the winning TD too. It's very close but it sure looks like the receiver didn't have control of the ball until he took his SECOND step which was out of bounds. At least close enough to have merited a review, which they didn't do.

[ame]https://twitter.com/YahooDrSaturday/status/904561470775721984[/ame]

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/TexAgs/status/904543813120790528[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X