No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six requires 3 weekends, which creates a lot more issues (NFL competition that plays on Saturdays in December, January) than the current 2 weekend setup.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
      Six requires 3 weekends, which creates a lot more issues (NFL competition that plays on Saturdays in December, January) than the current 2 weekend setup.
      I don't care. ;)
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Playoff creep will benefit teams with great depth. I also think fans will slowly stop traveling to all these road games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• 3 weekends means it's much harder to sell those tickets, harder to compete with the NFL. It's not as easy as just making 2 more games. People aren't going to travel to New Orleans then a week later travel to Miami or Pasadena.

Comment

• Give home field to the higher seed in the first round
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yeah just shorten the regular season by 1 nonconference week. Not that difficult.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                Give home field to the higher seed in the first round
                This. It seems very beneficial to northern schools in the lower divisions too.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                  Give home field to the higher seed in the first round
                  Only way to make it work.. Honestly, I'd do that for everything but the final game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                    Yeah just shorten the regular season by 1 nonconference week. Not that difficult.
                    Shortening the regular season a week takes an OOC game from every single team in college football to benefit 4 extra playoff teams.

In other words, 124 division 1 teams would lose a game so that 4 teams could pick up a playoff spot. Not sure those finances work for the vast majority of the non-elites who don't really have a chance at a playoff spot.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      ........Not sure those finances work for the vast majority of the non-elites who don't really have a chance at a playoff spot.
                      P5 breaks away from the NCAA (or not) and, either way, reorganizes as Division 1.

Division 2 (the rest) becomes a second entity and reorganizes.

Two tournaments - one for each division.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• always against the little guy Jeff...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                          P5 breaks away from the NCAA (or not) and, either way, reorganizes as Division 1.

Coach Bryant talked of this in the 1970's when he essentially led the formation of the CFA to take TV deals from the NCAA. As an aside, it was sad that he didn't live long enough to see the CFA (as brought by OU) win the US Supreme Court decision.

Anyway, Bryant suggested that 40-years ago. Just don't know that it will happen in my lifetime.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

Texas High School Football does this by enrollment size. I like it. However, I always end up wanting to see the D1 champ play the D2 champ. Never fails.
                            Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• This is pretty neat. Tracks the AP top 25 over the season:

Comment

• MAC, C-USA and Sun Belt are all clearly a huge step below the P5, in fact a good percentage of their programs weren't P5 35 years ago. Stronger MWC & American conference programs are capable of playing against the lower of the P5.

Comment

Working...
                                X