No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm shocked that a school that until recently still celebrated the confederate flag and had a plantation owning slave owner for a masoct may have cheated to attract black athletes.

Comment

• There are probably one or two guys who should also be polishing up their resume since cauterizing the wound is usually a common defense against the NCAA. They'll pin the blame on a rogue coach and a rogue booster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        There are probably one or two guys who should also be polishing up their resume since cauterizing the wound is usually a common defense against the NCAA. They'll pin the blame on a rogue coach and a rogue booster.
        Someone needs to have the courage to step up because courage is a hard thing to figure. You can have courage based on a dumb idea or mistake, but you're not supposed to question adults, or your coach or your teacher, because they make the rules. Maybe they know best, but maybe they don't. It all depends on who you are, where you come from. Didn't at least one of the six hundred guys think about giving up, and joining with the other side? I mean, valley of death that's pretty salty stuff. That's why courage it's tricky. Should you always do what others tell you to do? Sometimes you might not even know why you're doing something. I mean any fool can have courage. But honor, that's the real reason for you either do something or you don't. It's who you are and maybe who you want to be. If you die trying for something important, then you have both honor and courage, and that's pretty good. I think that's what the writer was saying, that you should hope for courage and try for honor. And maybe even pray that the people telling you what to do have some, too.
        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• If only an audit could be done of some (random) college football players... Which isn't legal by the NCAA?
          Isn't like they are sticking all the cash they get from boosters/ alumni under a mattress.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
            Someone needs to have the courage to step up because courage is a hard thing to figure. You can have courage based on a dumb idea or mistake, but you're not supposed to question adults, or your coach or your teacher, because they make the rules. Maybe they know best, but maybe they don't. It all depends on who you are, where you come from. Didn't at least one of the six hundred guys think about giving up, and joining with the other side? I mean, valley of death that's pretty salty stuff. That's why courage it's tricky. Should you always do what others tell you to do? Sometimes you might not even know why you're doing something. I mean any fool can have courage. But honor, that's the real reason for you either do something or you don't. It's who you are and maybe who you want to be. If you die trying for something important, then you have both honor and courage, and that's pretty good. I think that's what the writer was saying, that you should hope for courage and try for honor. And maybe even pray that the people telling you what to do have some, too.
            ?

Comment

• So Everyone Cheats
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The university presidents would have to give the NCAA more power in investigations... and collectively, they haven't/won't. So the NCAA is really fighting with one hand behind their backs
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• They don't need more power. They need to simply avail themselves to common sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    I'm shocked that a school that until recently still celebrated the confederate flag and had a plantation owning slave owner for a masoct may have cheated to attract black athletes.
                    Pfffft! I've been told that Oxford is idyllic, and the girls are gorgeous. Which is why Ole Miss is the stalwart blue-blood powerhouse that it is.

Comment

• The Grove is indeed a very nice game day environment, but its been obvious they've been up to something with these recruiting classes lately.
                      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        ?
                        Michael Oher's (Ole Miss) speech from the movie Blind Side with my addition.
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/Rileyc44/status/693869705275248640[/ame]

Last edited by *JD*; January 31, 2016, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• Someone inform him it's a "meritocracy "

Comment

• So that's where Harbaugh got it from.

Nick Saban.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I don't know if Saban has used that phrase. First I heard of it, it came from Jim.

Comment

Working...
                                X