No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "When the Coaches of the Year hold their annual reunion at the Schaumburg, IL Olive Garden, I'm sure Brady Hoke, Ron Turner, Ron Zook, and John L Smith let Kirk Ferentz sit at the head of the table. He's sort of the Grandmaster of their fraternity."

Heh! your best post of the year (although it is only the 3rd day)

Comment

• "Bo Schembechler had the same attitude about having coaches "who want to be here,"

During Bo's tenure assistant coaches' salaries were capped by the NCAA. Not so today. Your analogy is useless comparing apples to oranges

Comment

• Did not know that. How could the NCAA dictate what a school was allowed to pay coaches?
        Last edited by Rocky Bleier; January 3, 2016, 10:31 AM.
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Internet is saying LSU will pay their new DC 1.3m per year. He doubled his pay. The difference between the Big and SEC right in front of us..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Difference between Wisconsin and LSU... LSU is willing to spend whatever it takes for football, a lot like the rest the SEC. Wisconsin should've been able to afford Aranda were they not willing to match LSU's offer?
            Last edited by WM Wolverine; January 3, 2016, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• 1.3 million probably would have exceeded what their HC gets.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• How much do OlieO and UM coordinators make?
                Atlanta, GA

Comment

• "Did not know that. How could the NCAA dictate what a school was allowed to pay coaches? "

They couldn't. They were sued and lost. That's why assistant salaries are now dictated by the market.

Comment

• The NCAA had their fingers in a lot of pies back then.

The NCAA also used to greatly restrict how often a team could play on TV. Coach Bryant and a few others started the CFA in 1977, which led to support for Georgia and Oklahoma suing the NCAA under a Sherman Anti-trust suit that went to the Supreme Court. The NCAA lost. Changed college football.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Maybe there should just be a cap on what the SEC pays players.

Comment

• Rich Rodriguez fires Casteel! Guess that wasn't the reason his defense was so bad at Michigan...

Comment

• My guess is that the AD pressured him to do it. RichRod is too stubborn and loyal to fire Casteel on his own. Not to mention Casteel is probably a pretty good DC and RichRod himself is the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                            Maybe there should just be a cap on what the SEC pays players.
                            That would be nice.

Comment

• Barry Alvarez explains why wisky couldn't afford their DC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• What does Michigan pay football assistants? Where can that information be found?

Comment

Working...
                                X