No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched that New Mexico/Arizona game. It reminded me of the 2010 UM-Indiana game. Arizona's besieged defense couldn't get off the field to save their lives and their offense would score in four plays.

Comment

• Yeah, I can't think of another coach who went from high profile (at WVU) to pretty much a joke. I think Froot is right: nobody in the P5 conferences can take him seriously anymore. I was surprised his name was coming up for some of the vacancies and he was quoted a saying he's staying at AZ (until they fire him). Good move on his part. If he lasts 2 more years there I'll be surprised.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
        Yeah, I can't think of another coach who went from high profile (at WVU) to pretty much a joke....

Dennis Franchione.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Yeah, I can't think of another coach who went from high profile (at WVU) to pretty much a joke. I think Froot is right: nobody in the P5 conferences can take him seriously anymore. I was surprised his name was coming up for some of the vacancies and he was quoted a saying he's staying at AZ (until they fire him). Good move on his part. If he lasts 2 more years there I'll be surprised.
          They'll never fire him.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
            They'll never fire him.
            Dunno ...... the P5 conferences at the front office level now have a vested interest in getting as many of their teams into the higher level bowl games as they can. Even though there are plenty of 5-7 teams playing in the December Bowls this season, it's hard as hell to make those kinds of deals money makers. You get an under $1m pay-out for going and give up $750k in required ticket purchases (and don't sell them), it costs $350k to get the team to the bowl and you've rung up a loss of up to $500k if you don't sell the tickets (likely for a shit bowl). That's a very typical scenario.

Certainly, at the team level, ADs get to the point where 5-7 even 6-6 on a regular basis, with the attendant losses, isn't going to hack it. Arizona with RR is an average to below average Pac12 team. They'll finish in the bottom half most of the time. They might go bowling but it's going to cost the school and the conference money. That's what's going to get RR fired.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Rich Rod was at Michigan 3 years too long. Dave Brandon did two things well at Michigan. His handling of Stretchgate and firing Rich Rodriguez - though he screwed up "the process."
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• "Yeah, I can't think of another coach who went from high profile (at WVU) to pretty much a joke...."

Mike Price

Comment

• Franchione and Price .......

You kinda lose sight of those dark days for Alabama. The Nick will do that for you guys.

Comment

Franchione and Price .......

You kinda lose sight of those dark days for Alabama. The Nick will do that for you guys.
                    Franchione did a good job for us, really. He screwed the pooch st TAMU.

And Price never got the chance. Dubose and Shula were the dark days.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Man, I remember the Era of Fickell. Talk about dark days. Reminded me of the 1987-92 stretch of mediocre despair.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yes, I still miss Luke Fickell.

Comment

• Alabama tried to hire both Mike Price and Rich Rodriguez and both deals went sideways. Nobody deserves that kind of good fortune.

Comment

• We kinda did hire Price. RichRod was a done deal until local radio started making fun of RichRod's wife. She put the kibosh on the job after that.

Comment

• I wasn't aware of that. God I wish that we had done that.

Comment

• Nice guys finish last.

Comment

Working...
                                X