The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
    Hard to pick against Bama. They may be on a mission this year after getting stomped last year.

I don't think Iowa can hang with Sparty for 60 minutes. They can make Sparty uncomfortable, but man, as much as I hate Sparty, .. they just win. They will here too.

In Clemson v N Carolina, they have a popular phrase in S. Carolina where the word "clemsoning" is used as a substitute for the word "choke". I think they show why the word fits.

Stanford v USC probably the closest game of the day, but Stanford is a gritty football team that just wears their opponent out. Stanford prevails, I think.
    I agree with pretty much all this but I'll add that Florida is just not very good, period. Bama with blow them out, Sparty will win a competitive game, Clemson could choke but I think they pull out a squeaker along with Stanford.

The million dollar question is what happens if UNC pulls the upset? Would they jump OSU? Would a 2 loss Stanford? If I was the committe I'd put OSU in over both those teams.

Comment

• The title game will be the OU/Alabama game, where ever it falls in the playoff. Who over wins that one will be champs. I think Oklahoma is the sleeper of the group, if you can have such a thing in a 4 team playoff. I think Clemson doesn't survive the first round.

UNC is toast.
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• New day, same theme... Anyone but Bama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I'm taking the dark horse out of the B1G. MSU for the chip.
          Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Anyone but MSU.

Comment

• I'd like to see Oklahoma play Bama in the first round because I think they are the only team that can beat Alabama and I don't want their insufferable fans to have the satisfaction of getting into the NCG.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I've never had an issue with MSU. If say Iowa fans are more similar to Colorado fans than any other fan base I met... When Nebraska fans collectively treat you with indifference when you visit, you are not liked. MSU for me Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• North Carolina's and Iowa's schedule are really impressive how awful they are. It proves you have little reason to schedule any tough OOC opponents unless might need it as a tiebreaker against another 1-loss team at seasons end...
                  The most recent rankings (and the Committee has said they would re-evaluate at season's end) tell a clear story. First, scheduling an away OOC game against a good opponent is stupid if you want to make the playoffs. ND did just that. Second, your record means more than your SOS. Vegas simply does not believe that Clemson or Iowa deserve their rankings.

IMO, OSU is one of two teams with a chance to beat Alabama(OU). Ohio has equal or better talent, and they showed last year that talent matters most (no pun intended). The B10 should be lobbying their butt off to get the defending champion into the Playoff along with the Conference winner. OSU is the best team in the B10 despite their "fluke" loss in terrible weather. I believe most fans of the B10 know that. My four best:

Alabama
                  Ohio State
                  Oklahoma
                  Clemson or the B10 Champ, whomever looks the best this weekend.

And the # 1 seeding is very important this year, because there are 3 really good teams.

Mike said:
                  The million dollar question is what happens if UNC pulls the upset? Would they jump OSU? Would a 2 loss Stanford? If I was the committee I'd put OSU in over both those teams.
                  I totally agree
                  Last edited by Da Geezer; December 4, 2015, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure Oklahoma will get exposed. I don't think much of the Big 12.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                      The most recent rankings (and the Committee has said they would re-evaluate at season's end) tell a clear story. First, scheduling an away OOC game against a good opponent is stupid if you want to make the playoffs. ND did just that. Second, your record means more than your SOS. Vegas simply does not believe that Clemson or Iowa deserve their rankings.

IMO, OSU is one of two teams with a chance to beat Alabama(OU). Ohio has equal or better talent, and they showed last year that talent matters most (no pun intended). The B10 should be lobbying their butt off to get the defending champion into the Playoff along with the Conference winner. OSU is the best team in the B10 despite their "fluke" loss in terrible weather. I believe most fans of the B10 know that. My four best:

Alabama
                      Ohio State
                      Oklahoma
                      Clemson or the B10 Champ, whomever looks the best this weekend.

And the # 1 seeding is very important this year, because there are 3 really good teams.

Mike said:

I totally agree
                      Quite shocking M fans don't think MSU should be in the final four. (FYI, Harmon, AC, D. Howard, and the like no longer play for M).

Comment

• Probably worth it's own thread, so we can keep straight just exactly who has exhausted his eligibility and who hasn't.

Comment

• Wait, "talent matters most" is a pun?
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Lets see .. I think there's a good chance things are going to shake out like this:

1. Clemson gets choked out by N Carolina .. so Clemson is out.

2. Bama holds serve against Florida, but the Gators could make them sweat a bit. Bama is in.

3. Big Ten Champion is in. Doesn't matter if its Iowa or MSU.

4. Oklahoma is in, but that Texas loss looks bad.

5. Since Clemson will choke out against N Carolina, does that open the door for Ohio State? I think it does.

So, I see the field like this:

#1 seed: Alabama, by virtue of their SEC Championship
                            #2 seed: Oklahoma - they won the Big 12
                            #3 seed: Michigan State - I think they beat Iowa. They're in as B1G Champions.
                            #4 seed: Ohio State - At Large because of their record.

Alabama vs Ohio State - Rematch of last year's first round game. Does The Nick get revenge?

Michigan State v Oklahoma - Does MSU'S charm wear off?

Gut feeling ---

Alabama v Oklahoma for the NC.

But, MSU v OSU wouldn't shock me.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Call it The Dave Brandon's Last Laugh Bowl.

Comment

• He probably would smile. So would Brady Hoke.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X