No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assuming Iowa and Michigan State win next week, the B1G championship game winner is almost assuredly in the playoff, with the loser likely headed to the Rose Bowl. It would seem to follow, then, that M-OSU is for the last Big Ten spot in the New Year's Six, with the loser heading to the Citrus Bowl. I suppose it's possible that the Rose Bowl could take Ohio State over the championship game loser, but it wouldn't seem right to me, and Michigan wouldn't deserve to get picked ahead of either a one loss Iowa or a two-loss MSU.
    Last edited by JRB; November 21, 2015, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• I don't know what criteria the Rose Bowl uses to select, but you'd think they'd want the M/OSU winner vs the Iowa/MSU loser.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Well, he won a BCS Title, had a year of complacency capped off with a loss to LLLLLLoyd and then won another BCS Title.

You'll be happy to know that Buchanan has proclaimed him buried, though!
        not proclaiming anything. Just hoping for the worst for the Bucks and Urbz.

Comment

• I know you're not. Buchanan is!
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
            I just hope its the beginning of the fall.
            I seem to recall Urbz got started like gangbusters in the SEC as well --- but what do I know.

Time to bring back the Circle of Trust.
            What its time for, is for Urbz to finally have some competition, instead of the routine walkover wins he's been building his rep on all this time.

MSU will be a tough out as long as Dantonio stays. Michigan is going to be tough as long as Harbaugh stays. PSU has a chance to be competitive if Franklin can figure out how to utilize the talent he has.

Meyer is going to have to earn his wins from now on. No more easy crap.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I think that's fair.

Part of me wants Dantinio to go to South Carolina .. but part of me would rather have an exciting and competitive B1G

Comment

• The B10 East will continue to improve. But UFM has "built his rep" on 3 national titles. It's not really just beating IU, Illinois and Hoke. He beat some really good teams last season. This season, eh...never found the rhythm.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Sparty has to be credited. 2 of the last 3 years, to beat the Buckeyes, one at the Horseshoe and one on a neutral field with the talent OSU has had is quite an achievement.

Comment

• Most definitely. Drives me nuts too.

Comment

• In other news, Tom Herman suffers his first loss at Houston(to UConn, of all teams), but it comes after the Cougars couldn't play starting QB Greg Ward and lost the backup late to injury. That's unlikely to affect the stampede of schools heading for Houston once the season ends. At the front of that pack might be LSU, as it now seems very likely that Les Miles is done.

Comment

• would be great to see Herman go to LSU ... someone needs to knock Satan down a peg. Malzahn is not up to the task.

Comment

• Don't forget about the flag football game on FOX. Heavy on the over 78.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
                            But the reality is that we aren't a CFP team. Sparty may have done us a favor by preventing us from getting embarrassed later.
                            No doubt. UM's a solid top 15, maybe borderline top 10 team...but they're not a CFP team. Hell they survived both Minnesota & Indiana by a single millimeter. If it takes minor miracles to survive those programs -- then you're not a CFP team.
                            AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                              Just saw a tweet from someone..."OSU loses their season opener"...LOL.
                              lmfaooooo
                              AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
                                No doubt. UM's a solid top 15, maybe borderline top 10 team...but they're not a CFP team. Hell they survived both Minnesota & Indiana by a single millimeter. If it takes minor miracles to survive those programs -- then you're not a CFP team.
                                No, but they are making some noise nationally in Harbaugh's first year. For years they have been an after thought.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X