No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good for them to take a stand. Hopefully, things can be worked out to create a better environment.

Comment

• This is a great example of campus activism on a different level than what happened at M re Brandon but nonetheless Power to the People ......... something I experienced personally while at M in the 60s.

It's a good thing and happening at a good time given racial tensions in this country right now.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Savoring the knowledge that Jemele Hill is extremely unhappy today.
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• The DB wasn't forced out at all, that guy drifted out of bounds. I won't argue that MSU gave the game away, that is evident.

As for Buchanan's assertion that MSU should have lost 5 games by now, that is complete and utter nonsense to the 10th degree. They've had some close games but most of the time it was not holding leads like last night. 5 games give me a break.
          Last edited by froot loops; November 8, 2015, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
            I think you're giving your team a little bit too much credit, but that ok.
            Maybe, but when the ball hits the guy in the breadbasket- in the end zone- and doesn't get caught because the DB is holding one of his arms, I tend to think it hampers his ability to catch it. But maybe that's just me being a fan.

Comment

• As for Buchanan's assertion that MSU should have lost 5 games by now, that is complete and utter nonsense to the 10th degree.
              You owe Mr. Buchanan an apology. I'm the one who said that.

You have permission to re-direct your hatred toward me.

Thank you.

And, I still think MSU could have as many as five (5) losses right now, given how their season has gone.

1. Oregon
              2. Purdue
              3. Rutgers
              4. Michigan
              5. Nebraska

Feel free to dispute all you like, Spartan fan.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I don't know that MSU gave anything away...we'd been abusing their CBs deep all night, so the move to zone is at least understandable IMO, if not preferable.

I do feel they were over-conservative on their last possession. All game really, but burning clock with the run game is what they do. I keep thinking that eventually somebody will figure out that they should just throw the ball on us 60 times, but hasn't happened yet.

Comment

• The Spartan coaches should have been in more zone all night. When you are up 12 with 4 minutes to go they should have been in total prevent. They were blitzing and none of those blitzes were getting home. It seems like they were going to more of the press coverage than they have all year, one of the underreported stories is how much they have went away from it.

Comment

• It was a terrible call. MSU was totally hosed, but the DB played it poorly. He had no idea where the ball was, and save for the WR stepping out of bounds it's a good throw and catch. I wonder if the B1G will suspend the officials like the ACC did.

Comment

• Its actually a proper interpretation of the rule. If a receiver is forced out by a defender (judgement call, confirmed by replay) then he sill retains the right to play the ball.

If he takes himself out of bounds, then returns, he can't be the first to touch the ball. It would have to be tipped by someone else, then he can play the ball.

I'll not defend B1G officiating. To me, its the worst its ever been.

I never thought I'd long for the days when Gilbert Marchman, Dave Parry and Jerry Markbreit were dominating Big Ten officiating.

Comment

• But he was obviously not forced out. He ran out of bounds on his own.

Comment

• I don't know if "forced out" means pushed out. He was clearly not pushed out. However the db was encroaching on his pattern and forcing him to the sideline (as he is supposed to do) and be caused of this encroachment the wr was forced to go out of bounds or run into the Dback.

I don't know whether that's "forced" under the rule but, it's certainly forced in practical talk. Like if you are driving a car and another car comes into your lane, you are "forced" to drive on the shoulder.
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• So who's complaining? for all the times we've gotten jobbed it feels great to see MSU fans crying in their beer. that shot of Dantonio jumping for joy on the "almost interception" is priceless!

Comment

• I'm with you, Stan. We've been jobbed into losses by the zebras interpretations before, so I've got no sympathy for Sparty, their coach or their fans today.

Put on your big boy pants and play the rest of the season.

Comment

• I'm crying no tears for Sparty, but I believe you need physical contact to be "forced out."

Comment

Working...
                                X