No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why I said "steal" the game. We may not have been the better team that night but if two plays go the other way, we win. What's most telling about last night's win for Utah is that it has unmasked Oregon. Nobody can rationalize a 42 point beatdown at home. Oregon flat sucks this year and might struggle to make a bowl.

Comment

• Ok Hack .. I laughed out loud at that ...

Mike - exactly. And it shows how unimpressive MSU's "great" win against Oregon was. That's the win the pollsters used to justify lofting them into the #2 spot.
      Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• We had the momentum and were driving looking like better team until the pick-6. Of course we are all revisionists and Talent is the wise objective analyst.

The pick-6 made things comfortable for Utah. I love how you dismiss the late touchdown as if we hadn't been able to move the ball before.

Whatever. You just like to push the rhetoric that all M fans are delusional and you are the voice of reason. Carry on.
        Last edited by Pasadena Blue; September 27, 2015, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• Yep. And now Oregon is unranked. Sparty's win looks sort of bad in light of last night's game.

Comment

• Jehu Chesson slowed up on two deep routes or else he could've had two lengthy TD's vs Utah, if Perry runs a harder route there probably isn't a pick 6 on M's drive to tie the game. M's offensive line killed a few promising drives with silly penalties and hurt the field position battle in the process. The failed 3rd/4th down conversions took more potential points off M's ledger. Utah's fumbled right in front of four M defensive players, the only player closer was a Utah player in the backfield.

It's a game that could've went either way, not that unexpected.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              270 yards and 10 points. Fucking unstoppable!

There's no may about it.

Anyway, as I understand it, I'm now expecting M to kick Dantonio's ass. And then UFM's. These are the HARBAUGH!!!! posts I expected for so many months. Thank you.
              that's the problem you don't understand jackshit.

typical, Trollent, take a few ebullient comments from a couple of posters, and attribute them to every M fan. Delusional stuff.

And yes that's the point, 270 yards should have amounted to more points, if not for unforced Rudock turnovers. M is not going to roll up 600-700 yards like spread offense team. They are going to be slow, deliberate, trying to dictate the pace of games. 270 yards to that point was about right for the way M plays. Utah was not shutting us down.
              Again, we had momentum before the pick-6. But go ahead and ignore it. God forbid anyone disagree with your take. It must be because we are delusional and it's all just "HARBAUGH" --- what a f'n joke.

Comment

• He's a troll, don't feed him
                Atlanta, GA

Comment

• He's also cranky cause osu's offense sucks.

I'll give him some slack.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

PB:

I'm sorry you can't handle the facts. I won't burden you with them in the future. So, yes, M clearly had that game in hand until Rudock unthinkably threw an interception.
                    "FACTS???" ... tell we where I said that M had the game in hand?

I simply said M had the momentum at that time and was driving when Rudock threw the pick-6.

As is woefully apparent to everyone here, we know what you are all about... typical distortion of what someone has said.

Funny calling me predictable ... haha! Anyways, I would not have expected anything less. Carry on.

Comment

• Awesome retort. 270 yards and 10 points. I don't recall number of drives, but I'd guess that averages out to 27 yards and 1 nm point per drive.

Just the facts. My apologies.
                      Last edited by iam416; September 27, 2015, 08:17 PM.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• of course, ignore my comment is the last post. Again, tell me where I said M had the game in hand?? Of course you can't ... and of course you always speak the facts and truth. My apologies, I will never question your position again.

Comment

Awesome retort. 270 yards and 10 points. I don't recall number of drives, but I'd guess that averages out to 27 yards and 1 nm point per drive. Just the facts. My apologies.
                          Just to provide FACTS, rather than "guesses."

M's previous drives up until the pick-6.

10 plays, 54 yards to open the game (ended in INT)
                          3 plays, 9 yards
                          6 plays, 29 yards, FG
                          3 plays, 8 yards
                          6 plays, 23 yards - INT
                          3 plays, 6 yards
                          11 plays, 49 yards, missed FG
                          12 plays, 75 yards, TD

so, M had 8 drives before the pick 6, including three 3 and outs (their only 3 of the whole game), and two drives ending in INTs and miscommunications between Rudock and his receiver (at least the first one). The last two drives, however, were reasonably long drives ending in scoring opportunities. Hence, why I believed M was gaining momentum, and had a chance to tie the score on the drive yielding the pick-6.

But obviously my interpretation was way off ... you are obviously much smarter and always right.
                          Last edited by Pasadena Blue; September 27, 2015, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• M had 8 drives that resulted in 10 points. Yeah, their FG unit sucked. (So did Utah's...I think they had two missed FGs, too).

M got the ball back after the pick-6 and drove down to the 30 where they were stopped on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1. M was a total trainwreck inside the 25/30 the few times they were down there. It took a ridiculously good play by Jake Butt on an ill-advised ball to even score a TD.

Utah moved the ball as well or better. Utah never trailed. Utah was in front by 2 TDs for the bulk of the 2nd half. They were better on that night.

As for contemporary takes, you can read through the game thread. That, of course, was prior to M's throttling of BYU and newly instilled belief that M is going to seriously challenge in the East. With the current belief taking full hold fans now look back at Utah as if M should have played as well as they did against BYU. M may beat Utah right now. I dunno. All I know is that Utah deserved to win the game.

So, I fundamentally disagree with your assertion that M "was looking like the better team" and your assessment of the offense. 275 yards on 64 plays including a woeful 2.9 ypc is not good. 21 of 35 for 200 yards (before the final meaningless drive) is not good.

But, as I said, IMO, one now looks at this game with the BYU gloss (or HARBAUGH!) and that's how it goes.

That'll be my final word. Feel free to take issue as you see fit. I'm certainly not intending to "rain on M's parade" -- they've made significant strides since SLC and expect them to keep moving forward.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• A tear came to my eye during the Arizona-UCLA game. Watching RichRod lose his temper while his team gets assraped warms my heart.

Comment

• Sick bastage
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X