Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
    This is year 3 post Chip Kelly.
    Oregon relied on Mariota (Chip Kelly's guy), continuity with their system, and good recruiting classes (the starters mostly from Chip Kelly's classes) for Helfrich's first two seasons.
    It only makes sense that Oregon would trend down eventually because of worse recruiting classes and a down grade at coach.

But yea, this Utah blowout slightly makes Michigan's loss look better and MSU's win less impressive.
    Agreed re: Oregon. I didn't give them a chance in EL and was surprised they had a chance to win that game late. It's becoming obvious now that the bloom is coming of Oregon's rose.

And as I type that Utah runs a busted play on a punt for a first down and big gain. LOL. Oregon looks like fucking keystone cops out there. Utah might hang 60.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Oregon drives the length of the field and throws an INT in the endzone. If that jackass would have hit a wide open WR in the final minute in EL, they would have beaten Sparty.
      FWIW, different jackass. Vernon Adams has barely played in this game since the 1st quarter.

Comment

• It's obvious they have many jackasses.

Utah has now scored a TD on 6 straight possessions and leads 48-13. Still in the 3rd quarter. And Utah drops another sure INT.

Comment

• BUT, they return the punt 69 yards for a TD. LOL

55-13....

Still 3rd quarter...

Comment

• Before Oregon scores a meaningless garbage time TD vs Utah's 3rd string defense...

Utah 62, Oregon 13. 10 min remaining... Again, this game is @ Oregon... Not vs Central Eastern Oregon St like one might think it is.

Utah is REALLY good
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• No one believed me they'd be 8-4 or better this year after our loss, they were 9-4 last year (I think) and I didn't see much reason for them to be worse.

Comment

• Better than any big ten team right now
                Atlanta, GA

Comment

• we should have beaten Utah ... I think we outgained them. The turnovers (obviously the pick-6) were killers.

Comment

• Yep. That game was ours for the taking. Utah was practially begging us to steal it.

Comment

• M outgained Utah thanks to the final relatively meaningless drive. Utah was sort of in control of that game for the duration. M had a window to TIE it, but Rudock threw the pick 6 on 3rd down. Even if it's incomplete, it's a punt.

I mean, I get the revisionist stuff, but Utah's win was deserved. They were better on that night.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I can't disagree with the overall assessment but I'm not sure Utah controlled the game.

What happened there is that the offense, primarily Rudock, couldn't make plays to open receivers and the OL couldn't make critical blocks when there was an opportunity for a big play. Shot themselves in the foot.

IOW, M stopped itself more than Utah stopped them.

Wilson did make plays that were there that Rudock and his OL couldn't so, props to Utah but I don't think they were in control. Moreover, IVO Utah's performance since thier opener, you could say that was a good loss for M if you can ever say something like that and I'm usually loath to do so because RR or Hoke NEVER had a good loss only really bad ones but, hey, times are changing.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          Oregon drives the length of the field and throws an INT in the endzone. If that jackass would have hit a wide open WR in the final minute in EL, they would have beaten Sparty.
                          He missed the wide open receiver and all we've heard about since is Sparty's impressive win over Oregon. Sports fans and commentators sure are a funny bunch.
                          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• IOW, M stopped itself more than Utah stopped them.
                            This ^^^

There were more times during the game, where had Michigan been a more experienced team, in say, year 2 or 3 of Harbaugh-mania, they would have taken control of the Utes, and salted them away in the win column. They were not mercilessly pounded by Utah.

There were more opportunities to win, other than after that final drive.
                            Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• I don't think either team controlled the game, though Utah was generally in control. I'm very clearly taking issue with the false notion that M "should have" won or "outplayed" Utah. They didnt. They were down the whole game and scored a "prevent" TD to make it a 7 point game. M lost and they should have lost.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• So Utah controlled the game despite not being in control of it? Or would you think it more accurate to say that despite Utah's lack of control over the game that it remained in their control?

Comment

Working...
                                X