No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @swmckewonOWH: The SEC teams were gods in 2009, 2010, 2011. Haven't been for 2 years now. Mismanaged rosters, bad coaching, overextended recruiting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Agree with QB being down in the SEC. It's down in the BIG too. I'm not sure how many teams qb's I envy in the big

Comment

• Yeah. And you guys have Armstrong! Imagine if Wisky had a QB that wasn't complete suck!
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Well, I may be wrong on this, (really?) but I don't see how Ohio keeps all three QB's they have now.

All three probably feel they should be the guy, and have stats to prove it.

For my Captain Obvious moment, I have to believe they lose at least one to the NFL or the transfer route.

Not that it will hurt them at all.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Mullen, Freeze and Bielema are good coaches but they aren't Saban, Harbaugh or Meyer. The Mississippi teams were still a year away, thought so even when they were ranked so high
            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Yeah. And you guys have Armstrong! Imagine if Wisky had a QB that wasn't complete suck!

They don't lose to LSU or NW... I'd bet that. LSU win and perception is changed all year

Comment

• Who... They don't have to be Saban to win. TO was a good guy who couldn't win the big one. He retired a legend. There are many ways to build a program

Comment

• A lot of good Twitter discussion today too

Comment

• The entertainment network where videos and personalities get really big, really fast. Download Vine to watch videos, remixes and trends before they blow up.

Hey..

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      I also gotta say -- two things that stood out for me yesterday were that both Michigan State and Ohio State took it in the chin and kept playing. I talked about MSU up-thread. OSU was down 21-6 and Cardale looked like, well, a third-string QB. They kept playing and grinding. They took Bama's best punch and hung around. When LSU whitewashed them in the 2nd Q in 2007, they were mentally defeated. Same in 2006 in the 2nd quarter. Things were definitely at a tipping point and they held on.

Say what you will about UFM, but the guy (and his staff) is really good.
                      More to the point, neither panicked and started slinging the ball around. Both coaches stuck within the boundaries of their philosophy and kept running the football (although Urb got away from it for a series or two in Q3) and it paid off.

Comment

• Exactly. Michigan State could have more easily fallen into that trap, but they kept Baylor honest with Langford. Ohio State was never going to sling the ball around. They had to be balanced to have a chance and staff never lost sight of that.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• That game was weird because it was demoralizing that Petty was throwing those darts. But they were always in the game. The way in which Baylor did it made the deficit seem much bigger than it was.

Comment

• B1G West needs at least a third team to step up and occasionally challenge Wisconsin and Nebraska.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/LawrenceGLA_85/status/551094859772461057[/ame]

Comment

• Pitt blew a 21 point lead in the final 6 minutes of the game and lost 35-34 in that game

They gave up three TD's, TWO ONSIDE KICKS, and a 2-point conversion. Dear Lord...

Comment

Working...
                                X