No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stan, I'll have you know I have an impeccable source! Well, a source. OK, that's just what I heard. Actually, I read the text message wrong.

Comment

• When I said " one more fool trying to scoop the field" I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to your source.

Comment

• Narduzzi IS a good coach. I was hoping if Mattison doesn't stay that Narduzzi would be hired as DC. If nothing else, watching Dantonio blow a gasket would be entertaining.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• We'll see if Narduzzi is for real or if it's Dantonio who deserves all the credit.

Comment

• I'd go with the later.

Coordinators often aren't that great as new hire HCs.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Narduzzi to Pitt.

Comment

• That's a good move for him. I expect they will promote Barnett to DC. Although Tressel is also a candidate.

Comment

• OK looks like this time you got it right!

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                    OK looks like this time you got it right!
                    Technically, I had it right the first time, too!

Comment

• Technically

Comment

• It's amazing how much money is in SEC football when you look at this...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• The bottom 10 is loaded with 7 SEC states. None are higher than 33rd, unless you climb way out on a limb and consider TX an SEC state.

This really puts the Sun Belt "explosion" in perspective too. Their growth isn't what its made out to be...other than Michigan's falling median, rhe BIG states have faired better.

Interesting stuff.

Comment

• I think it really adds to the story we've talked about... The SEC spends it's money on football and nothing else. The BIG not only has more sports, they invest more in other sports.
                            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• The BIG not only has more sports, they invest more in other sports.
                              See State, The Ohio.

The demographics of the South are fairly interesting. I've talked about it on context of producing football players (some agree/some don't). That distribution is also a distribution of massive, historic poverty. When you spend 100 years trying to make sure half your population is dirt poor it's going to take more than a few decades for the correction to occur. I also think the lack of urban centers a demographic that exerts downward influence on the median income. I'm not surprised that Georgia is highest amongst traditional SEC states. Higher costs-of-living typically equal higher median income.

And that's the final thing -- I think they have a graph like this adjusted for cost of living.

However, to cut to the chase -- fuck the SEC: http://drygoods.elevenwarriors.com/c...conference-tee
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• STFU
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X