Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Byu should be on the 12's radar. They need a school with tv sets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Heard this on Sports Radio this morning. Although circumspect, Big 12 poobahs aren't interested in a conference championship game or adding more teams that don't enhance the conference's profile. They're meeting in NYC this week.

It's pretty clear the Big 12 screwed itself over the last 5 years or so as the other Power 5s went in a different direction. Right now, they are at a distinct disadvantage because they have issues the other conferences don't ....... more bye weeks, weak OC schedules, end of season schedule (don't play meaningful games on Championship Weekend), etc.

How do they fix this? If I were in Bowlsby's shoes I'd be thinking really hard about this not dithering. While they may deserve it, there are billions at stake here.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
        Byu should be on the 12's radar. They need a school with tv sets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        BYU and Houston are about the best they can do. Notre Dame is out there, but if the Irish aren't giving up their independence for the Big Ten they sure as hell aren't signing on for conference games in Ames, IA, Stillwater, OK and Lubbock, TX.

Simply put, the Big 12 missed its window in 2010. They had everything out on the table for the first time since 1995, but instead of acting as a league, coming up with a stronger model and looking to expand, Texas once again went for a power grab. They have now wrecked their second conference and are in worse position than they were before.

Comment

• If FSU had lost and OSU only beat Wisky by 7 pts, we might be talking about 2 Big 12 teams in the playoff and how brilliant it was to not have a championship game.

Comment

• More times than not, being the outlier is not a good thing when it comes to voting or getting equal treatment. Poor long term guidance by Big12 leadership

Comment

• heh

Comment

• FootballScoop Staff ‏@FootballScoop 5m5 minutes ago
                Sources tell FootballScoop that Bo Pelini plans to accept the head coaching position at Youngstown State http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Comment

• Heh. Yeah, um, no.

And there was zero way the B12 was getting TWO teams in if OSU beat Wisky by any amount.

Honestly, I think any sort of decent win over Wisky was enough to get OSU in ahead of both B12 teams. Remember, TCU fell behind Baylor. Baylor beat #9 KSU by 11 at home. Ohio State entered Saturday ahead of Baylor and playing #13 at a neutral site. I think OSU only had to win and show that the offense could be competitive with really good teams. So, 27-24 would have been enough, IMO (7-6 may not have).

Anyway, the view that OSU is on its third QB and Baylor has Bryce Petty carries some water for me. I fear Cardale will regress to the mean against Bama in a most awful way. With JTB, I'd take OSU all day ahead of Baylor. Neither team stands a chance against The Nick, though. So mostly it's a matter of which team will keep the game modestly interesting longer. Given the 8:50 kickoff, perhaps the OSU selection is actually shrewd. I should be in bed by 10:00 at the latest.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Auburn handing out cash for mushchamp... BIG needs to get on the ball about assistant pay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• SEC football cards

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Attendance around college football lowest since the year 2000

Comment

• wouldn't surprise me to see it drop again next year

Comment

• More evidence that D1 needs to be restructured, and that there really is a tradeoff for all that TV money.

Comment

• Wow. Looks like Pelini to YSU is actually happening. Possibly confirmed this afternoon.

So, now the question is whether M can come up with a better hire than YSU.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X