No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida doesn't travel out of the state if they have to. You can demand something doesn't mean you are going to get it, that buyout was put there as a negotiating point. You don't keep the coach who has agreed to go somewhere else.

Comment

• IIRC the Florida state legislature mandates a certain amount of games a year played @ Ben Hill Griffin, or something like that. Maybe tied to funding expansion of the stadium or something? Florida/Georgia is already in Jacksonville.

Comment

• Is Gary Patterson really the Dr. Pepper guy?

?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• There's the RichRod team I remember...
          Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• If only Carr hadn't fucked Dickrod over we could be enjoying similar performances in the conference championship game. Oh.. wait.. we did in the Gator bowl against MSU.

Comment

• Yes, thank god we've been spared the humiliation of being beaten in a Conf Championship Game...or even a bowl game.

Comment

• You want him back?
                Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• I recognized that Arizona defense last night. Even with the great Jeff Casteel as DC, whose presence some feel was all that was lacking in Rich Rod's Michigan success, they sucked. Loved seeing Rich Rod's whiny faces again. I was just waiting for him to breakout in tears to make the memories complete.
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                    You want him back?
                    Under a different set of circumstances, with a decent DC and agreement from Rodriguez to let him run a D he is comfortable with and without Tony Gibson, I'd give it a lot of thought.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• What defense would he be comfortable with? The one he tried to force on Schafer? The one that gave up 55 last night with Casteel and without Gibson? Rodriguez doesn't care about defense. His goal is to win shootouts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                        What defense would he be comfortable with? The one he tried to force on Schafer? The one that gave up 55 last night with Casteel and without Gibson? Rodriguez doesn't care about defense. His goal is to win shootouts.

Don't disagree with that but you still have to stop the other guy at some point. Scott Schaffer is a good DC. If Rodriguez had let him run the 4-3 Schaffer was good at, Schaffer might have helped prevent a couple of bad losses had he stuck around.

Let's keep in mind AZ was playing the #1 team on a night that Mariota, a Heisman hopeful, had a hot hand. Oregon is way better than any team in the PAC 12 and that's what you saw last night.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Don't disagree with that but you still have to stop the other guy at some point.

Um... what? My point was that RR doesn't care about defense.

I wasn't really all that impressed with Oregon. Looked to me like Arizona was just that bad.

Comment

• Art Briles unloads on the Big12, Commissioner Bowlsby

Baylor coach Art Briles criticized Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby and the conference's stance on co-champions after his No. 6 Bears' 38-27 win over No. 9 Kansas State to earn a share of the conference title.

Comment

• Sorta like Urban did when he was at Florida

Comment

• Good for Briles. The commish is full of shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X