No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami might start looking for a new coach too? They're 6-5 and just lost badly to Virginia. It's Golden's 4th year and this was generally expected to be his best team.

Comment

• Bielema's guys looking pretty good again today. Could end up sending Georgia to Atlanta for Alabama to play

Comment

• as much as I don't like missouri, I so badly want to call Indiana the SEC east champion
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Rich Rod keeps on winning...

Comment

• 10-2, Pac 12 South champs. I hope the Michigan Mafia takes notice.

Comment

• Getting rid of Tony Gibson and bringing in Casteel saved RichRod's career. Too bad the dumbass couldn't figure that out at Michigan.
              Last edited by Hannibal; November 28, 2014, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• I'm happy for Rich Rodriguez.

I'd like to see his Wildcats beat Oregon (again) and win the Pac 12.

If he just could have gotten Jeff Casteel to follow him to Michigan, things might have been different.
                Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• It's almost as if a coach is responsible for hiring good assistants and deserves to be held accountable for his failures.

RichRod lost his last two games by a combined score of 89-21. He went 0-6 against MSU and OSU. At the 2009 OSU game, OSU fans were holding up a sign that said "RichRod, we love you". How quickly people forget. It's quite sad, really.

Comment

• He was probably the wrong coach for Michigan. But still, he was undermined from Day One on the job and he's clearly a better coach overall than Brady Hoke. That ain't saying much so I'll go further and say he is an above average coach.

Comment

• I have yet to see anyone even try to explain how this undermining caused us to give up over 500 yards to Purdue's emergency quarterback in his first start, how it caused us to lose a bowl game 52-14, or how it somehow tricked RichRod into giving out a bunch of scholarships to worthless 3* recruits, many of whom were early offerees and not plan B guys.

It's all hearsay anyways, at best.

Comment

• Somewhere I still have a recording of the 2009 Western Michigan game, when RichRod improved his record to 4-9, with the crowd chanting his name during the game. I wonder how many universities' fans would be chanting the name of a coach who had just won his fourth game in 13 tries and that fourth win came against Western Michigan. From the fans, at least, RichRod got as much support as any coach is ever going to get, which was more than he deserved.

Comment

• Rich Rodriguez is a doggone good football coach. Period. He knows the game, and leaving out Michigan, he has proven he can win.

At Michigan, Lloyd Carr and his pals were going to make sure that Rodriguez was not going to succeed from the git-go. Carr, as it turned out, actually encouraged players to leave Michigan, even though they had eligibility left, rather than have them stay and help out Rich Rodriguez. I still can't forgive Carr for that. He may have had a great record at Michigan, but the way he undermined Rodriguez was childish and stupid. Shame on him, and everyone that participated in that crap.

Rodriguez isn't guiltless regarding his tenure at Michigan. His decisions regarding the defense (coaches, insisting on running the 335 even when his coaches were unfamiliar with it, etc.) led to his on field downfall as much as anything. Had he brought in a DC with him, and let the DC choose the defensive style he wanted to use, things may have turned out differently.

If we, as Michigan fans, say we'd rather be in the position we are today, than the position that Arizona is in today, we're out of our freaking minds.

Rich Rod knows football. He had a bad run here, but he's absolutely a better HC than Hoke, .. and that's the truth.
                          Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• He knows offense, zone blocking, and dual threat QBs. He's abysmal with defense. He had better pray that a rich SEC program that desperately needs a defensive upgrade (e.g. A&M, Auburn) doesn't pluck away Casteel.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                              He had a bad run here, but he's absolutely a better HC than Hoke, .. and that's the truth.
                              Yeah, that's saying a whole hell of a lot.

RR's O's were garbage as well, vs. any opponent with a freakin' pulse.

Hanni's dead-on; how quickly people forget around here.
                              Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• I watched some of the AZ-AZS game last night and the first thing that jumped out at me was that those teams don't play defense. Both teams just kept scoring at will through sieve-like defenses. Different philosophies than we associate with up here.

Comment

Working...
                                X