No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will concede the point after all the data points are in. Currently, I am counting the mentions in Fox's hilarious new comedy, "The Mindy Project" - after that, it will be Fox's longtime hit show, "Hell's Kitchen".

I'm also counting all re-runs of "The Office" for the B1G because both Andy Bernard and DSL went to Cornell.

Developing...
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The Rest of CF

eSECpn game day and cf coverage is supposed to be about cf.... Not just about the SEC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I agree. I want more coverage for C-USA and the MAC.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• an end to UAB football?

The UAB Football Foundation released a letter in support of the football program, amid plans by several University of Alabama trustees to axe the program
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• UAB football should be allowed to die. It won't, but it's a money-drain that no one cares about.

Pic from an actual UAB game:

Comment

• Getting back to the SEC-ESPN bias. This will be my last post on it, as I think they are on to me.

Pull up a chair and let me tell you that you are right, but you've only scratched the surface.

ESPN owns the SEC Network. Therefore, they have a vested, financial interest in only promoting the SEC. Obvious, right? ESPN also owns the Longhorn Network, but that doesn't matter because fuck Texas and the BigXII.

The hosts of GameDay are Sleeper Cell alums of the SEC. Sure, Fowler (Colorado), Herbstreit (Ohio State), Corso (Florida State), and Howard (Michigan) appear to be SEC neutral through affiliation, but their drug-induced hypno-subliminal programming and SEC alumni status is activated whenever a threat to SEC hegemony is detected. That’s why GameDay has only been to SEC campuses this year.

Further, I've counted ZERO B1G mentions in the hard-hitting ESPN special on Mike Tyson's fall from grace. But don't believe me, watch it yourself and see!

In the words of Jackie Chiles, "It’s outrageous, egregious, preposterous."

How deep do we want to go in this rabbit hole? Well, let me tell you, ESPN is a Disney company. How many Pixar movies has Urban Meyer or Bo Pelini been mentioned in? Zero, zilch, nada, zip. But Nick Saban had a role in the touching megahit "The Blind Side" - which is a Warner Bros film, BUT WAIT! Disney is rumored to be buying Warner Bros. And the movie was about some retard who played ball at Ole Miss.

Check and Mate. Oh, what a tangled SEC web we weave, ESPN.

And while all the data isn't in yet, I am working on a damning correlation between World Trade Center Building 7's controlled demolition, chem trails, Dan Mullen's inexplicable success, and how that all ties into the January 23rd episode of ESPN's "Pardon The Interruption" starring Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon in which they discuss Charles Barkley's golf swing. Where did Barkley play college Ball? DING! DING! DING! If you guessed the SEC.

Keep fighting the good fight, B1G brethren. I will not take the Blue Pill and will continue to fight the Matrix-like false reality foisted us by ESPN! (Oh, and "The Matrix"? If you guessed a Warner Bros film, you win another prize!).

Comment

• It's interesting how some folks respond to facts. Some directly question whether the facts support the ostensibly controversial conclusions. Some call into question the actual facts. Others simply ignore both the facts and the asserted conclusions by yelling gibberish loud and long.

I mean, I could think of reasons why ESPN would spend massive amounts of time covering the SEC that are independent of their billion-dollar financial stake in that conference. I'm not sure they hold up to scrutiny, but they're certainly plausible. And a better rejoinder than the Caro-Kann Loud Gibberish variation.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Agreed. I am with you. Follow me to freedom!

Comment

• The SEC really goes against the old saying "Cheaters never prosper"...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• That's an old stupid-as-fuck saying from a broke-ass loser that never cheated.

The germane saying is, "if you ain't cheatin', you ain't trying."

Comment

• (Also, love the "respond to facts" line. Some guy in his mom's basement in Ypsilanti counting mentions on GameDay are now "facts". lol).

Comment

• Some directly question whether the facts support the ostensibly controversial conclusions. Some call into question the actual facts. Others simply ignore both the facts and the asserted conclusions by yelling gibberish loud and long.
                          Certainly a plausible approach.

Comment

• I've set my DVR. I will be watching GameDay with 5 stopwatches and a tinfoil hat. And I will be damned if I let them near my precious bodily fluids.

Comment

• They probably talk about the SEC more because their teams are better and much more relevant than most.

Comment

• Oh, and "416" (will never get used to that), I patterned that ESPN-Disney-Conspiracy post after a young "Talent" conversing with the owner of a Vegan/Animal cruelty website about the movie "Bloodsport".

Classic post and good times. Although he took your humor as deadpanned as you took mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X