No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe he's a good OC but he used to be a great recruiter, brought in an elite class at Tennessee in his pit stop there.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Does winning as many BCS bowls as team in the country and more than every team but one count? I mean, it's no Gator Bowl....
      I recall a Gator Bowl where the buckeyes really came out swinging! Lot of punch in them that night!
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Meltdown on Scout's Vanderbilt board...good reading.

They have some imbeciles who genuinely seem to think Vanderbilt is a better job than PSU.

Vandy supporters should be pissed, they're losing a very good coach to Ped State. Franklin took over the Vanderbilt program that went 2-10 each of the two seasons before he was hired. He promptly went 24-15 in his first three seasons as a head coach. Vandy also went 16-4 over the last 20 games, which is second in the SEC only to Alabama. He led Vandy to rankings in the final Associated Press poll each of the past two seasons, including No. 24 in the final rankings this year. Vandy hadn't finished in the final AP poll before Franklin became coach since 1948. A very good hire (of a relative unknown) indeed.

I was hoping that Al Borges would be hired at PSU, not someone who could potentially rebuild PSU in a fairly rapid time frame.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• rebuilding PSU is in the best interests of the B1G
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Yeah, I agree that it is. Too bad for Vandy though.
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I said it at the time of the sanctions: The idea that PSU's punishment was akin to the death penalty was 100% bullshit. What they got, and to a lesser extent USC, should be the NORM for rogue programs. A reduction of one or two scholarships for a few years is absolutely meaningless. USC and PSU will prove that you can get slapped hard, take a step back, and recover. Making the program suffer a little bit is the WHOLE POINT of sanctions in the first place. I know this is a dead horse but with the recent news from Happy Valley I thought it was worth mentioning. Hell, they're still beating Michigan! What does that say for their "OH MY GOD THEY MAY AS WELL HAVE TAKEN THE DEATH PENALTY" sanctions?

Comment

• Vandy is sort of like the Northwestern of the SEC. It's got higher standards and will always be more known as a top school than an athletic powerhouse. Those kind of programs seldom hold on to great coaches when they find them.
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• The problem with the penalties at PSU is that it hurt more of the innocent players than it did to punish the higher ups. PSU is a damn good school and the student athletes shouldn't pay the price for sins of the staff and administrators. For rogue programs (like USC, Auburn, osu and PSU) the penalty should be akin to something that would make their version of Brand-On! jump off a bridge. The penalty should be / have been 5 years of no bowls, home games won't be televised, and the immediate termination of the AD. Skollies could be taken from the Cam Newtons/Reggie Bushes of the world, but that would require the NCAA to act in a timely manner, something not likely to happen in the foreseeable 2 or 3 centuries. I get the impression that NCAA investigative time is a lot like measuring in dog years - one minute in reality is 7 minutes in NCAA time.

Comment

• Now featured on WhoDean's mantle:

Comment

• Every time there's NCAA sanctions it punishes the wrong players. Investigations are never completed in time to affect the players and/or coaches. That's just the way it is.

Comment

• So change the rules to follow coaches and let innocent kids transfer
                        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Most all of those involved in the PSU situation are facing criminal charges...

I thought the punishments were well overboard though felt like 'something' had to be done so other programs don't abuse the massive power they have and hide incidents like these under the rug.

Comment

• Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Don't think this was mentioned here but if the ACC is successful, it could have an impact on us too. What the ACC is asking for would presumably make divisions irrelevant. The B1G could just take the top 2 teams in the league and send them to the championship game. This would definitely make scheduling easier and more attractive. Everyone would have 2 or 3 permanent rivals and rotate through the other more frequently.

ACC commissioner John Swofford said on Friday he is in favor of conferences having “the autonomy” to determine how teams qualify for their league championship game, and should the NCAA decide this spring to lighten its restrictions, the ACC would consider

Comment

• That would be much preferable (to me) to the silly division formats. I'd like for every team to have 2 - 3 'rivals' then rotate everyone else equally... I'd like to see the same in basketball, even when M was lousy I hated to only play Sparty once...

Only reason I don't like it, is that it allows the Big XII to likely get a CCG without twelve universities.

Comment

Working...
                                X