No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome. I can't wait to find out who our coach will be!

Comment

• Jim Tressel. Brand-On! will sign him cheap, announce at his presser that Michigan measures its success on ticket sales, raise all prices, and make his own number a Michigan Legends patch.
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Haha.
        Totally agree OT, it's laughable. Hack continues to stretch credulity.

A gay uncle, 2 cousins, brother and secret college roommate named "Jeff" and we are led to believe that gay gene somehow miraculously escaped him?
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I won't be surprised if one of my sons is. But I expect he'll handle it better than you handle it.

Comment

• Well that's a private matter between you and your life partner and frankly its not like they are still imprisoned or beaten but you must admit it funnier than shit.

I see you changed your post, perhaps you may still want to petition moderators for relief, you just simply need to fly straight, if possible?
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Last, it begins and ends at your keyboard.

Cheers

Comment

• Do you have children?

Comment

• a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal come to mind.
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Quit spazzing out. You know the rules of this game: if you're going to dish it then be prepared to take it. Unbunch your panties.

Comment

• I never wear underwear in Florida, it's in the State Constitution, as a former Police Reporter in the state, you should have known that. Second, you have no street credentials, can't you flash a badge or something?

Comment

• That's the spirit!

Comment

• the new model

1) Cheat, repeatedly.

2) Before you get caught, admit that you did these "minor" things and wallop the fall guy,....er, I mean, guilty party with a tough sanction--like take a week off, bro.

3) Dare the NCAA to do more. They won't.

4) Resume cheating.

---------

ATHENS, Ga. ? Georgia handed director of on-campus football recruiting Daryl Jones a five-day suspension over a number of minor recruiting violations that it reported to the SEC.

The Athens Banner-Herald reported Monday that UGA athletic director Greg McGarity sent a letter to SEC commissioner Mike Slive on Sept. 30 detailing how the school committed violations with a number of mailings to high school juniors.

McGarity wrote that recruiting staffers mailed letters to multiple prospects at approximately 4:30 p.m. on Aug. 30, two days before the Sept. 1 date when NCAA rules dictate that juniors may first receive mailings. At least 12 recruits received the mailings the next day.

"It was their assumption that if the mail was dropped off at the post office late enough on Friday afternoon that it could not be delivered to the intended recipient prior to Sept. 1," McGarity wrote in the letter, which the Banner-Herald obtained through an open-records request. "However, some of the prospective student-athletes did receive these mailing(s) on the very next day."

McGarity would not say whether Jones' suspension was without pay, only that he had not served the suspension prior to Saturday's game against Missouri.

Georgia reported additional violations related to recruiting correspondence that included "labels on the outside of envelopes that contained more than the institution's logo in addition to the postage, return address and addressee information."

The mailings featured stickers with Georgia's new secondary logo, the Nike swoosh and labels hyping an upcoming game between Georgia and South Carolina that said "Sept. 7th, 4:30 p.m. on ESPN."

Georgia requested that the SEC and NCAA classify the errors as Level III violations that would be considered isolated or limited in nature without providing a significant recruiting advantage. The school issued a letter of admonishment to the involved recruiting staffers, will require them to attend an NCAA regional rules seminar next summer and said it will not provide recruiting materials to the 12 prospects who received the mailings for a period of 60 days.

McGarity asked the SEC to reduce its recommended penalties for the label violation from no in-person contact with the prospects from 30 days to 10 and for no phone calls from 60 days to 30. He also asked that Georgia's number of off-campus contacts not be affected.

The NCAA and SEC has not yet responded to those requests.
                          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Oklahoma Sooners wide receiver Trey Metoyer has a problem -- he can't stop masturbating in public ... this according to police docs obtained by TMZ.

OU player in trouble
                            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Ex-NFL player Irving Fryar, his mother indicted in mortgage scam

By Laura Ly, CNN
                              updated 10:14 PM EDT, Wed October 16, 2013

Former NFL player Irving Fryar.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
                              • Ex-football player and his mother took out five home loans, indictment says
                              • Irving Fryar and Allene McGhee secured loans over six days in 2009, papers say
                              • The pair got $690,000 from the loans, the New Jersey Attorney General's Office says
                              • Fryar played for four teams from 1984 to 2000; he's now a high school football coach

(CNN) -- A former NFL player and his mother have been indicted in a scheme to steal more than $690,000 by fraudulently obtaining five home equity loans in six days, according to the New Jersey Attorney General's Office.
                              Irving Fryar, 51, and his mother, Allene McGhee, 72, were charged with second-degree conspiracy and theft by deception in New Jersey Superior Court Wednesday.
                              The indictment alleges that Fryar schemed with McGhee to obtain five home equity loans totaling more than $690,000 between December 16 and 21, 2009, using McGhee's Willingboro home as collateral for all of the loans. The pair allegedly deceived five banks by acquiring the loans within six days and purposefully failing to disclose the existence of any other loans.
                              The indictment further charges that McGhee's loan applications falsely claimed that she earned thousands of dollars a month as an event coordinator for her son's church, New Jerusalem House of God in Burlington County. Fryar himself allegedly received or spent more than $200,000 of the fraudulently obtained loan proceeds, the attorney general's office said.
                              Fryar and McGhee made only a few payments on four of the loans, and those banks eventually wrote the loans off as losses, authorities said.
                              "This is not a case in which Mr. Fryar and his mother simply omitted or misstated information on loan applications," said acting Attorney General John Hoffman. "This indictment alleges that they engaged in an elaborate criminal scheme that was designed to defraud these banks of hundreds of thousands of dollars."
                              Neither Fryar nor McGhee responded to CNN's requests for comment. It is unclear whether either has hired an attorney.
                              A court date has not yet been set, according to the attorney general's office.
                              Between 1984 and 2000, Fryar played for four NFL teams: the New England Patriots, the Miami Dolphins, the Philadelphia Eagles and the Washington Redskins. He is the head football coach at Robbinsville High School in Robbinsville, New Jersey.
                              CNN's Rob Frehse contributed to this report.
                              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Appears many dirty porgrams in America has a seat at the table, most troubling for me, Condoleezza Rice & the Ohio Delegation (John Boehner, Jim Tressel, James Traficant, DSL & Talent), serious credibility and character issues.

The College Football Playoff officially unveiled the first selection committee that will select teams to participate in new postseason format, which will go into effect starting next season.

The 13+1 -member committee will be comprised of the following individuals:

• Jeff Long, vice chancellor and director of athletics, University of Arkansas-Fayetteville (chair)
                                • Barry Alvarez, director of athletics, University of Wisconsin-Madison
                                • Lieutenant General Mike Gould, former superintendent of the United States Air Force Academy
                                • Pat Haden, director of athletics, University of Southern California
                                • Tom Jernstedt, former NCAA executive vice president
                                • Oliver Luck, director of athletics, West Virginia University
                                • Archie Manning, former University of Mississippi quarterback and all-pro NFL quarterback
                                • Tom Osborne, former head coach and director of athletics, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
                                • Dan Radakovich, director of athletics, Clemson University
                                • Condoleezza Rice, Stanford University professor, former Stanford provost and former United States Secretary of State
                                • Mike Tranghese, former commissioner of the Big East Conference
                                • Steve Wieberg, former college football reporter, USA Today
                                • Tyrone Willingham, former head coach of three FBS institutions
                                Ohio Delegation (John Boehner, Jim Tressel, James Traficant, DSL & Talent).

http://college-football.si.com/2013/...off-committee/
                                Last edited by Optimus Prime; October 17, 2013, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X