No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This about the worst hijacking I've seen lately. Nascar's The Brickyard 400 has morphed into The Crown Royal Presents the Samuel Deeds 400 at the Brickyard Powered by BigMachineRecords.com
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Bombshell? Or will it quickly be covered up?

Johnny Football received five figure fee to sign autographs.

The NCAA is investigating whether Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel was paid for signing hundreds of autographs on photos and sports memorabilia in January, "Outside the Lines" has learned.

Comment

• Probably 2 game suspension, be back for Bama.

Comment

• Heh

If they have serious evidence, he's through

Comment

• DSL, I think Texas AM is in the SEC now, so no penalties...ever.
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Spoken without a trace of irony. Ballsy, Mr. Dickerson

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                Spoken without a trace of irony. Ballsy, Mr. Dickerson

Heh. Pot, meet Kettle.

Consider the source.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• He's in the SEC. No penalty at all.
                  Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• Limey... My first thought too
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• If he took money for memorabilia, the NCAA has a specific suspension schedule. E.g., $300 is 1 game; $500 is 2 games; $1000 is 4 games. There's no gray area.

The question is if they conclude he profited off his success and took money to sign things (ooooh, the evil!).
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Johnny Manziel is the real deal and Heisman King! Freshman sensation, serious talent like that deserves a little latitude.

Not like that fraud Troy Smith.

Baltimore Ravens (2007–2009)
                        San Francisco 49ers (2010)
                        Omaha Nighthawks (2011)
                        Pittsburgh Steelers (2012)*
                        * Off-season squad only

The closest he will ever come to the NFL again will be parking cars for NFL Executives as they go to lunch.
                        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• BTW, I expect the message from the Worldwide Leader to change from "profiting off your own success is evil" to "this is a stupid rule!"

Comment

• In which case it would be on the same intellectual journey as your school's athletic department.

Comment

• Boom!
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Good lord. Just awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X