• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a link.

Comment

• Did I call it, or what?

The NCAA is a joke.

They may as well disband the organization, and let the schools do whatever they want, including becoming a junior NFL.
      Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• Vegas CF over/under win totals

Notable in B1G:

- Only Ohio St has O/U of 11.5 wins
        - Nebraska, N'Western, Michigan have O/U of 9.5 wins
        - Wiscy, Mich St, Penn St have O/U of 8.5 wins
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I?d say its time for the BIG to get off its high horse and face reality. Its no longer an issue of ethics, its now reached a point where it is just plain stupid; we?re handicapping ourselves and nobody cares. Instead of coming across as championing higher standards, we?re just a bunch of dopes being laughed at while getting our faces punched in.

Schools don?t care, players don't care, and fans sure as shit don?t care. The NCAA doesn?t care, and what we term as ?cheating? is obviously now the de facto law of the land.

To hell with it...time to unleash all that BTN cash and start competing. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Comment

• I'm there with you, Hoss.

Its time to eliminate the NCAA and turn the major college programs loose. Let them have a draft of eligible HS players, and turn into a minor league NFL. Let HS seniors hire agents, and negotiate contracts with teams that are willing to pay them millions.
            Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• Certainly the under on NW, they play both Wisky & OSU in the 'east' and not exactly cupcakes for them with Syracuse & Cal in OOC... Probably the under for PSU too, they lost quite a bit of seniors and I could see them falling fast this season.

Pretty embarrassing day for the NCAA. Don't understand why they were so brutal to PSU yet let Auburn, Oregon and others pay money to buy players.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post

Pretty embarrassing day for the NCAA. Don't understand why they were so brutal to PSU yet let Auburn, Oregon and others pay money to buy players.
                Political expediency.

Comment

• Yeah. Pretty pathetic.

LOL @ ent but I needed the cash. Can you blame me for wanting to wash off the stench?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                    I’d say its time for the BIG to get off its high horse and face reality. Its no longer an issue of ethics, its now reached a point where it is just plain stupid; we’re handicapping ourselves and nobody cares. Instead of coming across as championing higher standards, we’re just a bunch of dopes being laughed at while getting our faces punched in.

Schools don’t care, players don't care, and fans sure as shit don’t care. The NCAA doesn’t care, and what we term as “cheating” is obviously now the de facto law of the land.

To hell with it...time to unleash all that BTN cash and start competing. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
                    I have been saying this for a couple of years now. Unfortunately, the Big Ten cultures have to change. Only then can cheating become a well-oiled machine like it is in the SEC. That's what you need to land the Cam Newtons and LaQuon Treadwells of the world and maybe keep some of the borderline NFL guys in school. I don't think that you will ever see this though, because it has been my observation that fans of Big Ten football don't invest as much of their self worth into the local football team as fans of SEC football. It's ultimately this investment that creates the "win at all costs" mentality.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; June 26, 2013, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• It's the other way around, the NCAA just needs to actually use its rulebook and enforce them properly. If they would've shutdown Cam Newton when everyone knew he took 200k, schools might be reluctant not to do it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                        It's the other way around, the NCAA just needs to actually use its rulebook and enforce them properly. If they would've shutdown Cam Newton when everyone knew he took 200k, schools might be reluctant not to do it again.
                        Its become evident to me that we're way past that point now.

We can stand by and complain, holding fast to our comforting teddybear of moral superiority while everybody else continues to roll over us. Or, we can face reality, start getting dirt under our nails, and try to compete.

Nothing and nobody is coming to level the playing field for us. If anything, the pendulum is swinging exactly the opposite way.

Comment

• hoss.. problem is when OSU did it, they were punished. PSU was punished for violating morality..

these other places spent decades cheating and finding ways to avoid punishment.
                          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I'll just watch the NFL if and when it comes to that, wild hoss.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                              hoss.. problem is when OSU did it, they were punished. PSU was punished for violating morality..

these other places spent decades cheating and finding ways to avoid punishment.
                              ...and we can learn from their mistakes. Start hiring SEC administrators.

Anything those southern boys can do, we can do better. We're supposed to be smarter than them.

Comment

• SEC learned from their mistakes in cheating and are now really good at it. Much like the mob.

Comment

Working...
                                X