No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if UNL doesn't have a national brand, then very few programs do..

but even in the 90's, kids chose local. It is what it is.. UNL has always had the disadvantage.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I still think UNL can overcome their geographical disadvantage by being more visible recruiting in the midwest. Its going to be hard for UNL to go into Texas or Oklahoma, to get kids to come to Lincoln to play the likes of Wisconsin, Iowa and Northwestern. But, kids from Michigan, Ohio and Illinois will look at UNL for a chance to play those teams. And for a shot at the Rose Bowl.

I'd rather see a strong Nebraska team, than any other team in the future B10 West.
      Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• kids in ohio and pa still don't see UNL as part of the BIG...

now they did land a OL out of ill already this year. So far, 1 from VA, 1 from Il, 1 from FL, 3 from NE, 3 from Tx

Comment

• You're hoping for another Tom Osborne who comes around every generation or so.

Comment

• And we're hoping that "No Titles" becomes another Bo Schembechler. And he just might, given the start he's off to ...

I think Michigan was very fortunate to get Brady Hoke. And I never, ever thought I'd say that.
            Save Michigan Football. Fire Warde Manuel.

Comment

• Carr was pretty good himself, until his last few seasons where his recruiting (imo) dropped off.

Comment

• sad...

The Associated Press

Published: 24 June 2013 07:34 PM

Updated: 24 June 2013 07:34 PM

LUBBOCK -- A 14-year-old West Texas boy is dead after he ran into a bull statue on the Texas Tech University campus and impaled himself on one of its horns.

University spokesman Chris Cook says Miguel Martinez impaled himself while playing hide-and-seek with friends in the pre-dawn hours of Saturday morning.

Campus police say Martinez was at the museum with two adults and two minors when police were called to the scene. Police say Martinez was running on the National Ranching Heritage Museum on the Texas Tech campus when the horn pierced his chest.

Comment

• Oh geez. What a way to go.

Comment

• That whole situation is fishy. A 14-year-old is playing "hide-and-seek" on the TTU campus in the "pre-dawn" hours?

Or maybe he was a dope mule who bogarted some on-campus dealers' profit and was running for his life. Dead boys tell no tales.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                      That whole situation is fishy. A 14-year-old is playing "hide-and-seek" on the TTU campus in the "pre-dawn" hours?.
                      No shit. How fast do you have to be running to impale yourself on what is probably a pretty blunt object?

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• not sure this is the right bull, but you can see the horns..

Comment

• not so blunt...
                            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• If you mess with the campus art you get the horns. Is just how it is, right?

Comment

• That's sharper than I would have thought they would be.

Very weird story though.

Comment

Working...
                                X